Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

The original is classic, and 2 isn't far behind it. 3 is fun
    That's pretty much my thoughts as well. I haven't seen 2 in a really long time. I might have to watch that one again as well.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Yeah solid. She's a very good actress
      She's really good and Michael Cera as well. They say his character is a mix of several different movie stars but most specifically Tobey McGuire. Spidey is really competitive.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I would rank them:

1. “Cobra Kai”
        Only a few episodes in, but that still adds up to well over an hour in runtime. Hilarious. Love what they have done as a sequel to the original trilogy. The direction they are taking with Johnny… love to see it. Still need to finish the series over the next 1-2 months.

2. “The Karate Kid” (1984)
        Well rounded. Classic underdog story. Love the ending. The montage of Daniel advancing in the tournament is great.

3. “The Karate Kid Part II”
        I like how it explores Mr. Miyagi’s history. The plot is far better than Part III. Daniel and Mr. Miyagi continue a strong chemistry. On the downside, it’s a little dry and far from comparable to the original. Gets bonus points because Kumiko is awesome.

4. “The Karate Kid Part III”
        Still holds up as watchable because of Daniel and Mr. Miyagi. Nothing special. The plot is both ridiculous and a re-hash of the original. The ridiculousness of Terry Silver’s character. Just so over the top.

Didn’t watch “The Next Karate Kid” or “The Karate Kid” (2010). There’s probably no point to watch them.
        Overall, a solid trilogy. Probably would have enjoyed the trilogy more if I first watched the movies as a teenager. It certainly makes watching Cobra Kai more enjoyable though.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The one with Will Smith’s kid was actually pretty good.

Ranking any of them over the original is bananas tho
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I happened to catch the “old” Michael Keaton Batman movie on Hulu. I forgot how beautiful Kim Basinger was.

Comment

• She was amazing for sure. I haven't seen that movie in years, i'll have to watch it again sometime.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Went and saw The Batman with my nephews and niece today. It was better than I expected and I like the take on the villain. Even though the movie was three hours, it didn’t feel like it.

Comment

• My son saw that yesterday. I didn't get to talk to him about yet.
                  GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I won’t talk about it since I don’t want to spoil it for anyone this early. But I have some thoughts on which villain I’d like to see in the next movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      You will like the new Spiderman movie.

Btw, THE HARDER THEY FALL was a decent cowboy movie.

Also, wtf did people expect? Marvel gets bought by Disney and now every movie plays out like a children's story. You guys want to see people getting bumped off? Sure. That's what they made their money off of. I'm just waiting for the crossover, where evil Ironman is brung back from the dead by Cruella.
                      Spider-Man: No Way Home
                      Finally saw it last night. Definitely a good and entertaining film. It’s probably the best of the new Spider-Man trilogy.
                      I like the callbacks to the old Spider-Man movies… though not having James Franco is a bummer. I feel like the Peter Parker-Harry Osborn friendship is the heart and soul of the old trilogy. Missed opportunity there, but probably has to do with Franco’s allegations.
                      There were some plot convenient moments. Situations when characters made choices and it didn’t fit the established rules. (or plot holes) That slightly bothered me. Not a big deal for a popcorn entertainment film. I wonder if this film will be better or worse on re-watches because there’s a lot of nostalgia/ memberberries…
                      Fun action. Cool fights between certain characters. Plot keeps you entertained for the entire runtime.

Overall, good experience. Recommend for an entertaining 2 1/2 hours.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I’m going to check out the new Spidey and I’m looking forward to it.

Anyone else saw the new Batman? How is it?
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I really liked The Batman. It was paced very well so it doesn’t feel like three hours. It’s a good look into Batman’s early years. Pattinson does a good job.

Comment

• Damn!! Will Smith is straight up losing it. What the hell was that crazy shit. He slapped Chris Rock for a fairly tame joke. How the hell did they let him stay after that?
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Then afterwards he’s yelling at him from his chair. That’s absurd. I’ve always been a huge fan of Will Smith but thats one of the dumbest things that I’ve ever seen on TV.

Props to Chris Rock for holding it together then getting back to being a professional.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I read that it was because JPS has alopecia. Her hairstyle isn't completely a fashion choice
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X