Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They went a bit too fast n furious huh
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Bringing the Rock in was great but they went too wrestling and garbage. It could have been great.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Marvel has a steady and proven formula. It hasn’t showed signs of dying off … yet. At least financially.
        Part of the draw is how kids and families can be entertained by a Marvel movie. It draws interest from the casual crowd. People were talking about superhero fatigue 5 years ago and that hasn’t been the case up to this point.

That said, I’m definitely less interested in the genre as a whole now because most superhero movies are too formulaic. I haven’t watched any of the Marvel movies after “Spider-Man: Far from Home.” Not to just pick on superhero movies. Most big budget mainstream movies are this way. I’ll eventually watch the new Spider-Man movie too because of the praise…. Not in any hurry to watch it!

Western movies were big 40 to 50 years ago, right? Doubt superhero movies will die off like that, but eventually the interest will gradually wane away.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          Bringing the Rock in was great but they went too wrestling and garbage. It could have been great.
          Nah. At the end of the day every one was just car chases. Different venues, same chases. After the third one I checked out.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            Marvel has a steady and proven formula. It hasn’t showed signs of dying off … yet. At least financially.
            Part of the draw is how kids and families can be entertained by a Marvel movie. It draws interest from the casual crowd. People were talking about superhero fatigue 5 years ago and that hasn’t been the case up to this point.

That said, I’m definitely less interested in the genre as a whole now because most superhero movies are too formulaic. I haven’t watched any of the Marvel movies after “Spider-Man: Far from Home.” Not to just pick on superhero movies. Most big budget mainstream movies are this way. I’ll eventually watch the new Spider-Man movie too because of the praise…. Not in any hurry to watch it!

Western movies were big 40 to 50 years ago, right? Doubt superhero movies will die off like that, but eventually the interest will gradually wane away.
            You will like the new Spiderman movie.

Btw, THE HARDER THEY FALL was a decent cowboy movie.

Also, wtf did people expect? Marvel gets bought by Disney and now every movie plays out like a children's story. You guys want to see people getting bumped off? Sure. That's what they made their money off of. I'm just waiting for the crossover, where evil Ironman is brung back from the dead by Cruella.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I heard Marvel offered a studio all their rights for $15 million and got turned down. That was about 15 years ago or so.

Comment

• My bad. $25 million and more than 20 years ago…

Comment

• Makes sense twenty years ago. Comic book themed movies weren't much of a thing outside of Batman. The high end CG that's made these movies work would have seemed like a risky investment.

Comment

• I think the new Batman movie will be good because of the talent behind the film. Matt Reeves directing after making the Planet of the Apes trilogy. Robert Pattison, Paul Dano, Jeffrey Wright... promising cast.
                    It doesn't look like a conventional super hero movie too.

Watched the old Karate Kid movies for the first time (The Karate Kid, The Karate Kid Part II, and The Karate Kid Part III). Fun, enjoyable movies. Part III was hilariously over the top.
                    Leads into the Cobra Kai TV series, which was a really enjoyable first episode. Can't wait to continue the series.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I watched a bit of Cobra Kai. It was good but it got a little long in the storyline for me. There’s only so much they can do with that to keep in interesting.

I would like to go back and watch the first one again
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Has anyone seen Molly's game? A Good movie and based on actual events.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                          Has anyone seen Molly's game? A Good movie and based on actual events.
                          Yes, I thought it was fantastic
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            Has anyone seen Molly's game? A Good movie and based on actual events.
                            Yeah solid. She's a very good actress

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                              I think the new Batman movie will be good because of the talent behind the film. Matt Reeves directing after making the Planet of the Apes trilogy. Robert Pattison, Paul Dano, Jeffrey Wright... promising cast.
                              It doesn't look like a conventional super hero movie too.

Watched the old Karate Kid movies for the first time (The Karate Kid, The Karate Kid Part II, and The Karate Kid Part III). Fun, enjoyable movies. Part III was hilariously over the top.
                              Leads into the Cobra Kai TV series, which was a really enjoyable first episode. Can't wait to continue the series.
                              The original is classic, and 2 isn't far behind it. 3 is fun

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Yes, I thought it was fantastic
                                Me too jaad.
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X