Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
    Is it like the ending of the Last American Virgin? Now that was an ending
    You mean, he didn't get the girl. Sorta the way Lion's fans have felt the last 60 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post

You mean, he didn't get the girl. Sorta the way Lion's fans have felt the last 60 years.
      The guy that didn't get the girl was brutal tho. That was not a character to root for
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• SPOILER ALERT

I liked Spiderman. But if you haven't seen all the other Spiderman movies, I can see someone missing a few things.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• My daughter wanted to go watch the Spiderman movie, so I went and I thought it was good. I give it a 6 out of 10. Probably too much fan service for my liking and it suffers from most of these Marvel films flaws. They reliably turn out high floor low ceiling films, Previous to the MCU, studios could turn out some true crap superhero movies so that has improved, but these movies seem to have artificial stakes.

Comment

• The sad thing is that Marvel started off pretty cool with these. Ironman, Antman, Thor, Captain American etc, they all started off cool.

The follow up films weren’t great but tying them all in was cool. The problem is that they don’t know when to stop.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I thought Black Widow was really good
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They are making so much money on them currently, they can't stop. Because they can't stop, it affects the storytelling. It starts to take on the problems daytime soap operas have where nobody is really dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  The sad thing is that Marvel started off pretty cool with these. Ironman, Antman, Thor, Captain American etc, they all started off cool.

The follow up films weren’t great but tying them all in was cool. The problem is that they don’t know when to stop.
                  They are based on comic books and they never stop.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• A cheap comic book and half a billion on a movie are 2 different things. I think it’s cool of the magnitude that they went but damn… eventually they take the coolness out of it trying to squeeze every last dollar out.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• A couple we know suggested American Underdog to my football hating wife and she said she wanted to see it. Really good movie and a bit of a tear jerker. I just might get my wife interested in football one of these days.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• The movie is good even if the viewer doesn't care about football at all. For the same reasons that's true though I highly doubt that it would increase anyone's interest in the game. It focuses far more on the back story and doesn't really require any football knowledge.

Comment

• As for the comic book movies I still love them. Comics have long been playgrounds for making up wacky revival or multiverse stories with ever-shifting iterations of characters. It's hardly equal to soap operas trying to tell stories about real people who cannot just come back to life. Fantasy worlds could and should flirt with the unrealistic in their storytelling. That's the point of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

They are based on comic books and they never stop.
                            Even in comic books some die.

For Instance, Ms. Marvel ends up in a coma with her consciousness, and powers, are pulled into Rogue. While this isn't a death, it really is a terrible way to go. So I don't think they will breach that.

How did Ms Marvel lose her powers?

The comic book stories are better and more dark. Having Theatre crowds filled with kids crying (because one or more of their heroes) just doesn't spur their thinking.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I'd like them better if they didn't crowd out other movies.

Like when Batman first came out, people went fucking apeshit at the theaters 6 months prior when all they showed was a bat signal on the screen. The reason was there was hardly any comic book movies, it was an under utilized genre. Now it is so massive the studios don't bother with original ideas. A lot of my favorite movies of the 80s and 90s would never get greenlit now.

Comment

• I'll give Marvell one thing, they've at least went big on their movies and had a lot of success. Some like GI Joe and Mortal Combats had great platforms but they've completely f'ed them up. GI Joe could have been amazing but they did a fast nose dive.

Even Fast and Furious, it started out amazing but they kept rushing things and completely bombed out by going bigger and bigger instead of sticking to a script that worked.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X