Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
    Yeah generally I like Ryan Reynolds a lot more than Will Ferrell (Step Brothers was great tho, agreed). Deadpool 1/2 and this Free Guy are really good, he just strings the jokes together too quickly sometimes for my liking
    About 1/2 of Ferrell's career has been good. It's kinda died off in recent years. The last 10 years or so.
    Whereas Reynolds started out great with "Van Wilder." Regained some of that early glory in recent years.

You can still name more quality Will Ferrell comedy roles... including the small roles. The totality favors him:
    SNL, Austin Powers, A Night at the Roxbury, Zoolander, Old School, Elf, Anchorman, Kicking & Screaming, Wedding Crashers, Ricky Bobby, Step Brothers, The Other Guys, and East Bound & Down.

"The Other Guys" is one that people sleep on. Underrated Adam McKay + Will Ferrell comedy classic IMO.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• A better way for me to put it is that Ferrell has annoyed me much more than Reynolds
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

About 1/2 of Ferrell's career has been good. It's kinda died off in recent years. The last 10 years or so.
        Whereas Reynolds started out great with "Van Wilder." Regained some of that early glory in recent years.

You can still name more quality Will Ferrell comedy roles... including the small roles. The totality favors him:
        SNL, Austin Powers, A Night at the Roxbury, Zoolander, Old School, Elf, Anchorman, Kicking & Screaming, Wedding Crashers, Ricky Bobby, Step Brothers, The Other Guys, and East Bound & Down.

"The Other Guys" is one that people sleep on. Underrated Adam McKay + Will Ferrell comedy classic IMO.
        Elf and Old School are classics too!
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

A better way for me to put it is that Ferrell has annoyed me much more than Reynolds
          Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Elf and Old School are classics too!
          I'm like "who are Ferrell and Reynolds and what teams do they play for?" Then I read jaadam4's reply and realized I'm in the movie thread.
          Last edited by edindetroit; August 31, 2021, 05:52 PM.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Semi-Pro

I just ordered the wife a Flint Tropics jersey for her b'day.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

I'm like "who are Ferrell and Reynolds and what teams do they play for?" Then I read jaadam4's reply and realize I'm in the movie thread.
              Reynolds was just cut by the Lions and Ferrell plays for the Mighty Raiders
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I watched the SHANG-CHI movie without expecting much ... but it was pretty great. Way exceeded my expectations

Comment

I watched the SHANG-CHI movie without expecting much ... but it was pretty great. Way exceeded my expectations
                  I have no interest, but my son is making me see it this weekend, so I'm glad to hear that its good.

Comment

• Yeah a couple of the characters add a lot of humor, too

Comment

• We watched The Courier last night and it was really good and gets pretty intense at times. Benedict Cumberbatch is like a young Tom Hanks in that he plays a lot of different roles instead of being known for one thing.

Last edited by edindetroit; September 4, 2021, 02:30 PM.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I’m looking forward to Shang Chi.

Comment

• Yep Shang Chi was surprisingly good. It had the Marvel formula but didn't feel like a super hero movie. That plus the Asian perspective and sets made it seem fresh.

Performances were solid. I loved the villain. Not sure how I feel about Chinese Whoopi Goldberg though.

Comment

• Yeah the guy who played the villain is a legend

Comment

• It was enjoyable.

Comment

• IDK, it was okay. The fight scenes seemed more like a dance then actually a fight. The choreography was a little too good.

The story (unless I missed the outro) didn't really tie it to any one.

Comment

Working...
                                X