No announcement yet.

Movies - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess it might depend on how you went in. I didn't really expect much from the movie going in, that could be part of why I enjoyed it, pleasant surprise IMO
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Most of the other Marvel movies had characters with a long history. We already knew most of these stories but we get to see it play out, so to speak.

My wife has been making fun of me because I had not heard of this character. I'm guessing it came along after I stop reading them as much, as I got older. So in that aspect, I think they had to make it a more well rounded movie.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I watched Sweet Girl this weekend and it was good. I'm not a big Aquaman fan (every role is the same from him) but it still was a decent movie.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The girl that played Shang Chi’s mom was cute.

Comment

• I also watched Reminiscence. It was kind of stupid, but I guess it was okay. The chick he was heads over heels wasn't all that.

Comment

• Dune is awesome. Please go see it or at least watch it on HBO Max and support quality film making. Plus, I want it to make money so Warner green lights the next Dune movie!

Comment

• I've been watching a bunch of horror films lately (tis the season). Here are some thoughts ...

* Your Next, B. The first half is competently made but full of cliches and horror tropes and dumb jump scares. However, once the real lead character is revealed and takes over, the movies switches from horror to thriller and its AWESOME. Also, one of the best kills in cinema history.

* Mandy, C+. Like an acid trip captured on film. If acid trips were super boring. Interesting visuals and well paced 3rd act make it better than average.

* Color Out of Space (2019), B+. By far my favorite adaptation of this story. You care about this family, so what happens to them is truly, literally, horrifying.

* The Lighthouse, B+. Liked it way better than "The Witch". I recommend turning on captions so you can understand Defoe. Ultimately gave me "Lost" vibes - meaning lots of ideas, call backs to mythic characters, interesting story, but nothing ties it all together in a complete way.

* The Dark and Wicked, C. I cannot overemphasize how much the last 10 seconds of this movie ruined it. Up til then, it was a good, moody, low budget flick with a great theme.

* The Invisible Man (2020)., A+. I. LOVE. THIS. MOVIE. The first scene should be taught in film schools on how to tell a story with no dialog. The lead actress was amazing. And the craziest thing - the film budget was a measly $7 million.
                Last edited by LightninBoy; October 25, 2021, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Invisible Man was good. For that genre it’s pretty great
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    I also watched Reminiscence. It was kind of stupid, but I guess it was okay. The chick he was heads over heels wasn't all that.
                    She's alluring

Comment

• Who played said chick?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                        Who played said chick?
                        Rebecca Ferguson, who also played the singer from Greatest Showman. I think she's been in some M-I movies, too

Comment

• That wasn't actually Rebecca Ferguson singing BTW. Lip syncing, but yes... they did a good job with that scene.

Rebecca Ferguson, who is also in the fantastic theater experience new film "Dune."
                          + "Doctor Sleep" too!
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            That wasn't actually Rebecca Ferguson singing BTW. Lip syncing, but yes... they did a good job with that scene.

Rebecca Ferguson, who is also in the fantastic theater experience new film "Dune."
                            + "Doctor Sleep" too!
                            Well, like I said, she played the singer, hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
                              Dune is awesome. Please go see it or at least watch it on HBO Max and support quality film making. Plus, I want it to make money so Warner green lights the next Dune movie!
                              This see it in the theater as many times as you can and get at least one HBOmax viewing out of it. It was great and for both the movie in general and any Dune book fans, it will be a hard pill to swallow if we don't get part 2.
                              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post

This see it in the theater as many times as you can and get at least one HBOmax viewing out of it. It was great and for both the movie in general and any Dune book fans, it will be a hard pill to swallow if we don't get part 2.
                                I get the sense they'll try to drag this out into a trilogy but by all means bring it. Wonder if they'll keep going into the later books.

Comment

Working...
                                X