No announcement yet.

New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was a choice between Mark & Luke for my name according to my parents. Thank the sweet mother of Jesus they chose Mark. We were at a country public house one summer having a few drinks and some food sitting in the courtyard when all of a sudden we heard, "LOOK, LOOOOOK"......., everyone at the place was "looking" everywhere to see what was going on......, then we see this guy run past, "LOOOOOK LOOK"......, he was chasing a toddler called Luke. Total embarrassing nightmare of a name. Apologies to any Lions Luke's.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• For quite a long time, I’m only registered on English speaking forums and at the beginning I used to use my real first name “Nuno” but since one English forumite said that it was the most annoying nickname to pronounce on the forum I started to use the nickname Septem.

I have 4 names, in Portugal usually it is like that, 2 first ones, and 2 last ones (mother and father last name) and some people have 5 or even 6. Stupid thing IMO, 2 names would be enough. From those 4 names I think only the last one would be suitable to use in a English forum: Nuno Tiago Prata Martins. It resembles a bit with Martin.
      Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
      🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 118 Platinum Trophies
      https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• Like most I was expecting the Lions to be more of a contender this yr. So was last yr a fluke? Hi I'm vltrophyXLV. I'm originally from IN. Moved to MS. in 2000 & then up here to Green Bay WI to work at Lambeau Field. Yes I'm a die hard Packers fan & enjoy a good football game. Football isn't the only sport I like but it is my #1 sport. Lookin forward to interacting.

Comment

• Septem, there nothing annoying about Nuno. You ought to go with it.

Welcome trophy. What do you do at Lambeau Field?

Comment

• Originally posted by bimmer84 View Post
            Septem, there nothing annoying about Nuno. You ought to go with it.

Welcome trophy. What do you do at Lambeau Field?
            Nahh...English spoken people really have a hard time pronounce it right...when they try to, it sounds like a double negative..."Nono" and it's far from sounding like that... but tbh I like my second name better, Tiago...friends and family call me Tiago...

Wellcome trophy, hope you have fun around until next Sunday night!

Comment

• Septem, I've always wondered, what's the deal with Portuguese (and especially Brasillian) football players with the one word names? Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, etc.
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Septem View Post
                Nahh...English spoken people really have a hard time pronounce it right...when they try to, it sounds like a double negative..."Nono" and it's far from sounding like that... but tbh I like my second name better, Tiago...friends and family call me Tiago...

Wellcome trophy, hope you have fun around until next Sunday night!
                I am probably not pronouncing it correctly then because it seems like it would be "new-no" which is not difficult at all. Tiago is good too. 'Sounds like you should be racing Formula One or at least running with the bulls in Pamplona!

Comment

• I would have gone with noon-yo
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• that seems right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                      Septem, I've always wondered, what's the deal with Portuguese (and especially Brasillian) football players with the one word names? Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, etc.
                      The thing is even we have 4, 5 or 6 names we tend to refer people only by one of them. English spoken people usually refer to people by the two they have in most of situations... here only when it comes to work or more non casual situations and when introducing ourselves we use the first and last one...

Brazilian players sometimes even don’t use their real names, sometimes they are called by a nickname that sticks, and that’s what appears on their shirts.

@Tony and bimmer: Both parts of the name are pronounced with a closed? sound…look what I found, click on the link and hear my name, even tough sounding a bit like a zombie speaking hehe:

How do you say $searchfor? Learn how to pronounce $searchfor in different countries and languages with audio and phonetic spellings along with additional information, such as, type of name, other spellings, meaning.

So more like Nuuunuuuu.
                      Last edited by Septem; December 8, 2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Lol i have 4names too, prefer just 2
                        AAL 2013: Joseph Fauria

Comment

• And welcome everybody
                          AAL 2013: Joseph Fauria

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkFromMI View Post
                            I could change my name to Captain...
                            Lol. Hi Mark. It's a shame they ruined MLive. Welcome aboard. Glad to see you've signed up here. Hope you hang around from here. This is a great forum with alot of great people. I've met some of them at the tailgater. It was a blast.

Comment

• Since 1994 when I went looking for a place on the internet to talk Lions/NFL, MLIVE NEVER qualified as a worthy place to do so.
                              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Glad to see you've signed up here.
                                That would be one of us
                                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X