New Members - Welcome! Check in here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy!

Hello everyone. I try to be transparent. One of the reasons I joined on is that I want to let Lions fans (like myself for 20+ years now) know that I've got some Lions merch gear for sale. I tried to start a thread but I'm not allowed to start a thread for some reason. I have some things for sale on Ebay like Sanders jersey, limited edition football, etc. Perfect timing for the holiday.

Links:

Football: http://www.ebay.com/itm/152355044685

Sanders Jersey: http://www.ebay.com/itm/152355028632

Hoodie: http://www.ebay.com/itm/152355059929

Kitna jersey: http://www.ebay.com/itm/152355057002

Comment

• Welcome Mike! I hope the video you're making has a Super Bowl ending. :D
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
        Welcome Mike! I hope the video you're making has a Super Bowl ending. :D
        We will be shooting the whole way there! We've got some really great footage of fans from week 1 and 2 predicting Superbowl. How cool would it be if they were right!

Comment

• Thanks for sharing Mike.

Keep us posted. I for one am very interested in your work.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Can we get rid of the spammer?
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
              Can we get rid of the spammer?
              I am not sure it is the same but, Frank got rid of one yesterday.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Improve Challenge Communication

Now is the time for the Lions to improve the channel of communication system on plays that need to be challenged.
                For example, the opening drive by the Giants (a touchdown) could easily have been at least tentatively stalled.
                A 4-yard pass by NY was clearly incomplete but the refs called it complete.
                That gain could have been negated setting up second (or was it third) down and six instead of two. Moreover, a challenge by Detroit would have afforded the defense a much-needed breather.

Three main points:
                1) The Defense especially needs to be properly coached to signal time-out in situations like this when there may be insufficient time to alert the coaches watching from above.
                2) Install a "Challenge Hotline": If the coaches above do see this in a timely manner, they must first urge calling a timeout, and then explain why - conveying the info immediately to Caldwell.
                3) Coach Caldwell's "eyes and ears" are the players on the field and the assistant coaches watching from above. Caldwell must quicken the pace of communications in these type of Time-is-of-the-essence circumstances.

By the way, the NFL analysts covering the game commented that they were surprised Caldwell failed to act.

Comment

• Wrong thread Stevo
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Since I can't post a new thread yet, just going to ask this here... where is the best spot close to the stadium to watch the game. Going to be in Detroit filming for the documentary, but don't have tickets...

Comment

• We went to Bookie's and Rusted Crow before a game recently. Both were a lot of fun with a cool atmosphere. Cheli's and Elwood are pretty close.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Vikings fan checking in.

Comment

• Hello. My first post, and I'm happy to be here.

I came to be a Lions fan in the mid '80s. My family and I were gathered for Thanksgiving and were watching the game. I told my uncle we should drive up for a Lions game some time. We were there for the '85 Thanksgiving game, a (if I remember correctly) convincing win over Mark Gastineau and the New York Sack Exchange. We attended 17 consecutive Thanksgiving games until my uncle's passing in 2002. He was the ring-leader, and we agreed attending games wouldn't be the same without him, so we've not been back.

Full disclosure: I am a Bengals fan, and have been since the late '70s. Now if you believe that you can't be a fan of two NFL teams simultaneously, then I'll respect that and we'll just have to agree to disagree. Being in different conferences, I've never viewed it as a conflict. I have gear for both teams and a few of my family are like myself and root for both teams. I hate the Packers and Bears, if that helps.

Looking forward to the game Saturday night and ending that playoff drought streak - second only in the league to my other team's playoff drought streak :(

Comment

• Welcome Awful Llama. Nice intro.

I think you might be unique on here with regards to following two NFL teams......., don't think anyone else on here does that kind of thing!
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              Welcome Awful Llama. Nice intro.

I think you might be unique on here with regards to following two NFL teams......., don't think anyone else on here does that kind of thing!
                              Thanks for the welcome, Mark. You're probably right, I'm a bit of an oddity (I'm the same way with college ball, rooting for UM and UCLA). But, I will not let that deter me from my life's dream of a Cincinnati/Detroit Super Bowl. No, I say. It WILL happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Welcome Awful Llama. Nice intro.

Hah!

BTW Welcome Llama
                                AAL Quintez Cephus
                                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

Working...
                                X