• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy turned one today!

289789793_10159692545030259_1104777303452536072_n.jpg
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
      ha!! It was pouring! But yeah, he didn't wear it for long. He LOVES mud puddles.
      Swamp Collie
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Hey there, Deborah......, I know you've probably never in your life ventured into the soccer forum but Dpatnod has posted a very good video on there that I reckon you'll like. Great stuff.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• We need to teach our dog this!!

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• My dog will fetch his ball and throw/roll it back (from his mouth) back to us. and yes, HE HAS to throw/roll it to us
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Awww!!

Ours will play keep-away with the ball but that's it.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Our dog doesn't play fetch unfortunately.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• My dog used to go get the papers, get some groceries, get the bus home etc, etc……. But one day he tapped the front door on his return …… i just had to give him a stern telling off for forgetting his front door key.
                  He learnt his lesson 👌
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    Awww!!

Ours will play keep-away with the ball but that's it.
                    Oh my goodness, he lives for it. My sister-in law has his little brother and he lives to fetch too. He doesn't throw it back to you though.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• My dog will play fetch 24/7. Long after you are tired of it. Better than that, yelling 'Ready!!!!' he will get into a stance next to you, and drop the ball in front of him. Then you can yell whatever 'Set! Orange, 42!!! oMAHA! Purple, Set!! ' But when you hit 'Hike!!!!!'. he is off down the hall about 20 feet and curls and waits for the throw. Outside he likes to chase the ball, run back up onto the porch and then throw it at you through the slats on the porch at you. If you are watching TV or on the Internet, he throws the ball onto your lap. My last dog, adopted at 3 years never understood play at all. Had no interest. I suspect he had a troubled start in life. This guy Shadow, though.... Oh my goodness. Ball is Life.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uqmSv029AKc.
                      Last edited by dpatnod; September 21, 2022, 05:11 PM.
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                        My dog will play fetch 24/7. Long after you are tired of it. Better than that, yelling 'Ready!!!!' he will get into a stance next to you, and drop the ball in front of him. Then you can yell whatever 'Set! Orange, 42!!! oMAHA! Purple, Set!! ' But when you hit 'Hike!!!!!'. he is off down the hall about 20 feet and curls and waits for the throw. Outside he likes to chase the ball, run back up onto the porch and then throw it at you through the slats on the porch at you. If you are watching TV or on the Internet, he throws the ball onto your lap. My last dog, adopted at 3 years never understood play at all. Had no interest. I suspect he had a troubled start in life. This guy Shadow, though.... Oh my goodness. Ball is Life.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uqmSv029AKc.
                        That's a lab. Labs and Goldens will retrieve all day. My current dog is a Pit Bull. Not know for retrieving. My previous dog was a lab. That dog would retrieve until he was exhausted. Take a minute break and want to go some more. If I threw two or three balls he had to come back with all in his mouth.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post

That's a lab. Labs and Goldens will retrieve all day. My current dog is a Pit Bull. Not know for retrieving. My previous dog was a lab. That dog would retrieve until he was exhausted. Take a minute break and want to go some more. If I threw two or three balls he had to come back with all in his mouth.
                          I have a Lab and he is a Lab in every aspect. He's smart as a whip, loyal, friendly, loves to swim, etc etc, but... he won't fetch. He'll chase the ball once and then lay down and look at me as I'm crazy for throwing the ball.
                          We got him when he was three months old from a guy who had his duck dog bred and was going to keep him for hunting. His first owner had all kinds of excuses as to why he couldn't keep him, but I suspect that he washed out of his training program at an early age and they were cutting their losses.

I don't hunt any more and we got him because we wanted a family pet. So his loss was our gain. He just turned 5 years old a couple of weeks ago.

thumbnail_IMG_4320.jpg
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I have a Lab and he is a Lab in every aspect. He's smart as a whip, loyal, friendly, loves to swim, etc etc, but... he won't fetch. He'll chase the ball once and then lay down and look at me as I'm crazy for throwing the ball.
                            We got him when he was three months old from a guy who had his duck dog bred and was going to keep him for hunting. His first owner had all kinds of excuses as to why he couldn't keep him, but I suspect that he washed out of his training program at an early age and they were cutting their losses.

I don't hunt any more and we got him because we wanted a family pet. So his loss was our gain. He just turned 5 years old a couple of weeks ago.

thumbnail_IMG_4320.jpg
                            How are Labs for shedding?
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

How are Labs for shedding?
                              Shed quite a bit. They have an undercoat and and have a major shedding event twice a year as well. A brush is a necessity.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Mine is great, hardly noticable.
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X