No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumors are a dog was with the SEAL team.

That's pretty bad ass if true.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• That's pretty cool. Thanks Brooklyn.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsNC View Post
        LOL, that must be a Beagle trait. Shadow will go into the bathrooms and tip over the waste baskets and mess up the rugs. If Fort Bragg has the big guns rockin and rollin she might jump on our bed and mess up the bedding. I have thought about setting up a web cam just to watch her. I figure Lily just looks at her likes she's crazy.
        Years ago, when my parents had a German Shepherd (Beau) and terrier mix (Delilah) staying in the sun room while they were at work, they set up a camera to video tape the dogs because they would come home to the rug messed up and pillows from the couch all over the place. They assumed it was Beau and would scold him but wondered if they were scolding the wrong dog. I almost peed on myself watching the video it was so funny. And turns out Delilah was the culprit!

Last summer Beau was coming to the end of his journey on earth and my mom couldn't face being the one to take him to be euthanized (Dad has Alzheimers) so I took him. That was my first experience with euthanizing a pet and it was incredibly hard but it also prepared me for taking Cosmo in December.
        "And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..."

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Now that is fucking funny.
            AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
            2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
            3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
            4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
            5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
            6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
            7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• lol
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• This is a hoot!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw"]YouTube - Ultimate Dog Tease[/ame]
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Haha, that was great, Malto!

Although, I was expecting the dog to go for his throat after the cat comment.
                  2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• That was great!
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Nice Malto.

GO LIONS "11" !
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• So, as you know my best friend, Sonny, died in April. While I know I made the right decision, the reality of life without him around was very hard to take. I began looking for a puppy. I wasn't feeling too good about the prospect of raising a puppy on my own in a condo. So I kind of abandoned that idea and contacted the Golden Retriever rescue organization. They were a little nutso particular about things over the phone. But when they came on site for a visit, the woman realized what a good home I had to offer a dog. As she left, she warned me it might be a long time until they found a good fit for both the dog and my circumstances, but that I was approved.

Meanwhile, my Mom was up north at her cottage and I mentioned how empty my house was without Sonny. She in turn mentioned an ad in the paper there listing an older Golden Retriever in need of a home. I called the number in the ad and spoke with a nice woman who explained that her wonderful husband had cheated on her and then left her for the woman he cheated with. She was now losing her house to foreclosure and could not take her baby with her when she moved.

Her dog is a female Golden named Reba. She will be 10 in July. The prospect of adopting a dog this old didn't appeal much to me. But after speaking with her, I really felt it was meant to be. I could only imagine how devastated I would be if I had to give up my dog after 10 years and how I would probably never find a home good enough for my dog, either. But here I was, with a great home to offer an older dog and a lot of love to give her.

Last weekend, I picked up Reba and brought her home. The first day or two with her was difficult. She wasn't Sonny and the heartache I felt for him was still there. But as I've gotten to know her, I've fallen in love with her. She's a very sweet girl and eager to please. She's well behaved and eager to take long walks with me or just as happy to sit next to me while I'm busy on the computer.

This weekend, I took her to Dearborn's Mutt Strut and, despite the weather, we had a marvelous time. She seems to have settled into a routine here and I'm just thrilled to have a sweet dog to love again.

Here is a photo of her in the new bed I bought her from Orvis...she seems to love it.
                        Attached Files
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• And here she is just outside my bedroom, trying to determine if I'm coming back up or if she needs to come down to be by my side...

(I don't know why most of my Blackberry photos are so blurry lately...grrr)
                          Attached Files
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Awesome
                            It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• My Golden Retriever is 10 now too. He's been the best dog I've ever had.
                              It's so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days.

Comment

• aw, what a wonderful story! So happy that you two lovely ladies found each other.
                                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Working...
                                X