Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
    Heh, heh. I used to have an Odee. She was a yellow lab mix we rescued from the Humane Society, lived with us for 17 years until I had to put her down. Her name fit her to a T. She was a chowhound.

Wow 17 years! I hope my Odee can live that long. We also rescued Odee when he was 3 from the Humane Society. He is 6 now.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsNC View Post
      The Outer Banks: Daughter's trip to the beach.

Looks like your dogs were paying attention to another dog or maybe somebody on a bike!

Comment

• Originally posted by xegesis View Post
        Wow 17 years! I hope my Odee can live that long. We also rescued Odee when he was 3 from the Humane Society. He is 6 now.
        I got mine at 6 mos. Near as I can figure, she lived in an apartment and must have gotten too big for the size. She was housebroken, in fact she had to be put on a leash before she would do her duty but, put her on the leash, take her in the back and she needed no instructions at all.

When I brought her home she jumped out of the car stood and looked at the house for a minute. My gate was open to the back yard as the wife was tending her gardens. Odee put her nose the the ground then started to walk the entire perimeter of the yard. About half way through I took her off the leash as she was taking her time doing the rounds and did not seem like she wanted to take a run. After doing the once around, she positioned herself in the middle of the driveway in front of the house, plopped herself down and seemed to proclaim she was at home.

I'll never forget that look on her face. Priceless!
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Nightfall at the beach:

"Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
          Colin Powell

Comment

• LOL!

Looks like when you travel, you gotta bring chairs for the dogs, eh NC?
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Looks like your dogs were paying attention to another dog or maybe somebody on a bike!
              Probably the birds, I know that shadow wanted to chase the birds really bad, but that is very frowned on and will get Dogs/Owners in trouble. Their is a push to get Dogs banned from the beach, so we have to be good stewards and not let our dogs have too much fun! The Outer Banks is really nice and natural and they try hard to keep it that way.
              "Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand."
              Colin Powell

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                LOL!

Looks like when you travel, you gotta bring chairs for the dogs, eh NC?
                I did say Pampered Pooches! My favorite is Lily's dog buggy, we have woods with lots of nice trails right outside our back gate and we usually do about a two mile hike. Lily had surgery when she was three and can't handle the long walks, so after a half of year of having to carry her about a mile back home, I found that dog buggy or stroller on Amazon and have been using it ever since. We try to make sure that she gets her exercise, but with the heat here and all her fur, she just can't handle those long walks. The buggy lets her enjoy the walks with us without getting too hot and tired.
                Last edited by LionsNC; May 1, 2011, 09:25 PM.
                Colin Powell

Comment

Here is my dog Odee misbehaving by getting on an end table while we are not home.
                  LOL, that must be a Beagle trait. Shadow will go into the bathrooms and tip over the waste baskets and mess up the rugs. If Fort Bragg has the big guns rockin and rollin she might jump on our bed and mess up the bedding. I have thought about setting up a web cam just to watch her. I figure Lily just looks at her likes she's crazy.
                  Colin Powell

Comment

• my Maggie is a Havanese. I had never heard of the breed until about 2 years ago when some friends of ours adopted one. My daughter is allergic to dogs, so we had to go with a hypo-allergenic, non-shedding dog, and after a lot of research we found that breed to be our best match. She is a pretty good dog, but she doesn't do much to dispel the dumb blonde stereotype.
                    "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Lily in her dog buggy, best investment I have ever made.

Colin Powell

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsNC View Post
                        LOL, that must be a Beagle trait. Shadow will go into the bathrooms and tip over the waste baskets and mess up the rugs. If Fort Bragg has the big guns rockin and rollin she might jump on our bed and mess up the bedding. I have thought about setting up a web cam just to watch her. I figure Lily just looks at her likes she's crazy.
                        Beagles are funny and sometimes frustrating, but I would get another one!

The things that frustrates me the most are taking him for walks and drives. He barks, howl, pull at other dogs and bikers. He also seems to excessively drool more than other breeds I've had while I'm eating.

If you have an android phone(I'm sure iphone too) there is a free application to view your camera on your phone and take snap shots when you want. The developer adds drivers for new cameras all the time, the app is called "IP Cam Viewer Lite"

I have a wireless PTZ Linksys camera which allows me to pan the room to see where the dog has gone.

Comment

• Lily on the trail and Shadow in the brush:

Colin Powell

Comment

Beagles are funny and sometimes frustrating, but I would get another one!

The things that frustrates me the most are taking him for walks and drives. He barks, howl, pull at other dogs and bikers. He also seems to excessively drool more than other breeds I've had while I'm eating.

If you have an android phone(I'm sure iphone too) there is a free application to view your camera on your phone and take snap shots when you want. The developer adds drivers for new cameras all the time, the app is called "IP Cam Viewer Lite"

I have a wireless PTZ Linksys camera which allows me to pan the room to see where the dog has gone.
                            Thanks for the tip, I just got a new Thunderbolt phone so I will look into getting the PTZ camera.
                            Colin Powell

Comment

• I also got an IP cam to monitor Sonny when I was at work. I kept imagining that he was having a seizure and I had no idea. (Thankfully he never seemed to have one while I was away.) Also got an app on my Blackberry from which to view the camera.

Here's the one I got. It works very well and the night vision is also pretty amazing.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00466X9SY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=detroitlionsf-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creati veASIN=B00466X9SY"]Amazon.com: Foscam FI8918W Wireless/Wired Pan & Tilt IP Camera with 8 Meter Night Vision and 3.6mm Lens (67? Viewing Angle) - White NEWEST MODEL (replaces the FI8908W): Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41YHh6jkV%2BL.@@AMEPARAM@@41YHh6jkV%2BL[/ame]
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• My daughter found another stray black lab. Beautiful dog. He seems to think this is his new home. He can't stay here though. Can't seem to upload any pictures though.

GO LIONS "11" !
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X