No announcement yet.

Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-of-eric-ebron - this is quite illuminating on Ebron.

Comment

• ^ good read. Fan's and media in Detroit are tough.

He's not a former Lions, but he should have been. Did anybody catch Matt Judon of the Ravens? He had 3 consecutive sacks yesterday. Many, including myself were pimping him as a mid-late pick. He could have been had in the 5th round instead of Joe Dahl.

Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
        https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-of-eric-ebron - this is quite illuminating on Ebron.
        The Lions had just invested in wide receiver Golden Tate, so they didn't really need another wide receiver. They also were hesitant to draft a wide receiver in the top 10 after taking Mike Williams, Roy Williams and Charles Rogers with top-10 selections over a four-year stretch. "We had a bad team history with first-round receivers," Mayhew said.
        That's a lie. He's still trying to cover his tracks for passing up OBJ. Mayhew tried to trade up for Watkins and Evans. Even if true, this is how poor GMs think. Fault of a bad GM, not the draft itself.

"I don't want [Ebron] to block 30 times a game," Reich says. "I don't think that's his strength. It's hard to have elite athletic ability and run the way he runs and also be an above average blocker. If you put Eric in the run game too many times, that's bad coaching. You will wear him down, take away his energy from the pass game. But I'd like to ask him to block five or seven times a game and know I'm going to get a good effort and know he's going to do his job. He's shown a willingness to do that."
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Travis Kelce, 3rd round TE pick

After much hard work is a complete TE and not a tell.

Elite

Tony Gonzalez was originally the same type but later became a complete TE.
          Last edited by Panoptes; November 27, 2018, 09:45 AM.
          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Mayhew said they had a bad history with 1st rd WR's - then drafts a TE who never really played as a TE in college and expected him to be a complete TE.
            Idiot, after all that diatribe he drafted a WR anyway.

Comment

• I have more faith in Quinn drafting then any GM we've had in my lifetime. Definitely better then Mayhew.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• This is a throw I'm not sure Stafford makes or even sees.

http://www.colts.com/video/go-inside...e-td-true-view

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  Travis Kelce, 3rd round TE pick

After much hard work is a complete TE and not a tell.

Elite

Tony Gonzalez was originally the same type but later became a complete TE.
                  Whydo you make shit up - both these guys were studs from pretty much the go.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                    This is a throw I'm not sure Stafford makes or even sees.

http://www.colts.com/video/go-inside...e-td-true-view
                    Nope. MS would have stared him down. Making the window close before he could deliver it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Nope. MS would have stared him down. Making the window close before he could deliver it.
                      That pass is the very definition of a QB throwing a receiver open.

As brought up by a poster the other day, IF Stafford throws Riddick open to the sideline in stride, he scores easily. Instead the pass was thrown inside causing Riddick to adjust and to get tackled short of the EZ.

Comment

• Ndamukong Suh mostly quiet about Lions days

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 29, 2018, 7:45 AM EST
                        Getty Images

When some players return to a former home, the reception is warmNdamukong SuhOrange County RegisterMarcus Peters and Aqib TalibJust like the chilly reception when he rolls back into Detroit.

C'mon Suh, let em have it. We know they suck.

Comment

• Not a former player, but I'm going to drop this here...
                          . Former Lions defensive line coach claims he pushed to draft Aaron Donald

Aaron Donald in the 2014 NFL draft and chose tight end Eric Ebron instead.

Detroit Free Press

Ndamukong Suh

Comment

• Moar weaponz peas.

Comment

• The Lions, lol. Washburn should have understood the protocol and moved to the BACK of the room and screamed "Donald"!!!!!!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X