• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
    No problem with that. Mayhew wasn't a bad GM by any means
    Tell me more
    The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post

Tell me more
      Haha how about he wasn't Millen
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Comment

• They couldn’t find a better OC for Herbert? Crap, I like that kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
            So which FA should they have signed to “solve” the TE problem?

Better off bitching about drafting Michael Roberts instead of George Kittle.
            The year before they could have did something. I can't remember the names right now though.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Comment

• Better hope Joe Lombardi has learned something. Lombardi was an awful OC. If not for Jim Colletto (the guy that fell asleep during an actual game), I'd say Lombardi is the worst OC for the Lions since the Millen era.

Jags made the right move in hiring Darrell Bevell. Good OC.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Claiborne was my dude, so excited when the Lions picked him. 6'2" 255, ran a 4.6 with instincts, I really thought he'd be the guy to lead the defense for a decade. So disappointing.

Comment

• Yeah I remember the Claiborne draft so well. I was dumb at that time. The Lions were rumored to like Jevon Kearse, but I wanted Claiborne. So productive in college. I remember when Lions were about to pick, Berman said something about the Lions curse and maybe now they'd be getting a different kind of Kearse. I was like NOOOOO ... then they picked Claiborne and I was happy again

Soon I wasn't happy haha ... constantly referred to him as Fatborne
                    Last edited by Forsh; January 26, 2021, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Well truth be told I wanted Champ Bailey, but we knew he wouldn't fall to 9

Comment

• I was hoping for Chris McAlister that year. Was surprised (and happy) when Claiborne “slid” to the Lions. I thought Kearse could be good, but didn’t think he would be that good. Was extraordinary disappointed to later find out that he received a draft promise from the Lions, only to have them back out when Claiborne was available. Kearse was pissed about that for years after the fact. And the Lions got what they deserved. They also traded back up into the 1st and picked Aaron Gibson over Jon Jansen.

Karma.
                        Last edited by BJK; January 27, 2021, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• The 1999 NFL Draft was held on April 17-18, 1999. A total of 253 players were chosen over 7 rounds. The Cleveland Browns chose Quarterback Tim Couch from Ken...

2:16 haha

Comment

• I think I was going to be happy had they taken Claiborne or Kearse (not realizing Claiborne would’ve amount to anything). I was really disappointed they took Gibson over Jansen, but Ross loved those big offensive lineman.

Comment

Those commercials

Looking at those USC highlights, he had some extra pudge even in college. I guess everyone just wanted to ignore it.

Did you see who BAL QB was at that time?
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Wow. Blast from the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X