• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
    Matt Patricia in play for role on Eagles’ coaching staff

Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2023, 3:06 PM EST

Getty Images

Veteran Patriots assistant Matt Patricia, who served as offensive coordinator last year without the title, could be headed to an unfamiliar team, but with a more familiar role.

Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reports that Patricia has a shot to land on the Eagles’ coaching staff. He would be, per the report, “presumably” the linebackers coach.

Patricia spent 14 years with the Patriots before becoming head coach of the Lions in 2018. He returned to the Patriots in 2021 in a jack-of-all-trades role, before emerging as the de facto offensive coordinator in 2022.

The Patriots haven’t officially severed ties with Patriots, but there’s a nagging sense that he won’t be back.

The Eagles hired Sean Desai to serve as defensive coordinator following the departure of Jonathan Gannon, who is now the head coach of the Cardinals.
    How the crap can a loser like Patricia will probably and on his feet after failing miserably in Detroit and New England, while Jim Caldwell had to struggle just to get the current gig he just got, and he's a way better Head Coach than Patricia was, and left Detroit with a winning record!!
    "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
    My friend Ken L

Comment

• Slay won’t stay if that happens

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
        Slay won’t stay if that happens
        I would love to have Slay back here, even if to mentor our CBs.
        "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
        My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
          Slay won’t stay if that happens​
          I forgot all about that. Talk about prime time viewing. Knowing Slay, he's probably pissed (and talking) about the chance he'd have to deal with him.

Maybe they'll take Okudah in trade?
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The Patriots haven’t officially severed ties with Patriots, but there’s a nagging sense that he won’t be back.
            Huh? I've done that 1 or a thousand times before.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Matt Patricia in play for role on Eagles’ coaching staff

Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2023, 3:06 PM EST

Getty Images

Veteran Patriots assistant Matt Patricia, who served as offensive coordinator last year without the title, could be headed to an unfamiliar team, but with a more familiar role.

Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald reports that Patricia has a shot to land on the Eagles’ coaching staff. He would be, per the report, “presumably” the linebackers coach.

Patricia spent 14 years with the Patriots before becoming head coach of the Lions in 2018. He returned to the Patriots in 2021 in a jack-of-all-trades role, before emerging as the de facto offensive coordinator in 2022.

The Patriots haven’t officially severed ties with Patriots, but there’s a nagging sense that he won’t be back.

The Eagles hired Sean Desai to serve as defensive coordinator following the departure of Jonathan Gannon, who is now the head coach of the Cardinals.
              Um.....what?
              Last edited by edindetroit; March 6, 2023, 09:43 PM.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• It’s the new Journalism.
                Brought to you by chat GP or whatever they call it

Comment

• Darius Slay may not be thrilled about Matt Patricia arriving in Philly

Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2023, 11:06 PM EST
                  As Super Bowl LVII approached, it became clear that Eagles cornerback Darius Slay continued to be motivated by the perception that former Lions coach Matt Patricia disrespected Slay when he was in Detroit. Slay’s motivation may continue in 2023.With Patricia reportedly in play to join the defensive coaching staff in Philadelphia, Slay and Patricia may [more]

Comment

• Raiders agree to re-sign Ameer Abdullah

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 9, 2023, 1:14 PM EST

Getty Images

Josh Jacobs won’t be the only running back sticking around Las Vegas in 2023.

Ameer Abdullah has agreed to a new deal with the Raiders, according to multiple reports.

Abdullah was a key special teams contributor for Las Vegas last season, averaging 20.9 yards on 26 kick returns. But he also ended up playing 50 percent of the Raiders’ special teams snaps.

Offensively, Abdullah caught 25 passes for 211 yards with a touchdown. He also had four carries for 20 yards.

A Lions second-round pick in 2015, Abdullah has 1,594 rushing yards with six rushing touchdowns plus 144 catches for 1,076 yards with eight TDs in his eight-year career.

Abdullah has also spent time with the Vikings and Panthers.

Comment

• Reports: Darius Slay didn’t ask Eagles for a trade

Posted by Josh Alper on March 10, 2023, 10:59 AM EST

Getty Images

A report on Friday morning said the Eagles have given cornerback Darius Slay permission to seek a trade has been followed up by others that indicate that permission did not come because Slay is set on leaving the Eagles.

According to multiple reports, Slay did not ask the Eagles for a chance to find a new place to play. It appears that the development is tied to Slay’s contractual situation.

Slay is headed into the final year of his current contract and is set to make $17 million with a cap hit of just over $26.1 million. A new deal would bring down that cap hit, but Friday’s development would seem to be a sign that any talks on that front have not been productive.

Slay would likely be looking for a new deal from a new team as well, so the chance to speak to other clubs could lead to movement that leads to Slay staying in Philly rather than moving on this offseason.

Comment

• I’ve chuckled a bit about all the former Lions people keep thinking about bringing back to Detroit, but Glasgow should absolutely be a consideration. Veteran with tons of experience and versatility to play any position on the interior OL. Don’t know if he will be looking for a starter role (and pay) but they should definitely pick up the phone and find out.

Comment

Raiders agree to re-sign Ameer Abdullah

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 9, 2023, 1:14 PM EST

Getty Images

Josh Jacobs won’t be the only running back sticking around Las Vegas in 2023.

Ameer Abdullah has agreed to a new deal with the Raiders, according to multiple reports.

Abdullah was a key special teams contributor for Las Vegas last season, averaging 20.9 yards on 26 kick returns. But he also ended up playing 50 percent of the Raiders’ special teams snaps.

Offensively, Abdullah caught 25 passes for 211 yards with a touchdown. He also had four carries for 20 yards.

A Lions second-round pick in 2015, Abdullah has 1,594 rushing yards with six rushing touchdowns plus 144 catches for 1,076 yards with eight TDs in his eight-year career.

Abdullah has also spent time with the Vikings and Panthers.
                          He came charging out of the gates here and then trailed off.
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Cardinals re-sign Matt Prater, Corey Clement

Posted by Josh Alper on March 14, 2023, 4:46 PM EDT

Getty Images

Matt Prater will continue to do his kicking in Arizona.

The Cardinals announced that they have re-signed Prater on Tuesday. It’s a two-year deal for the veteran.

Arizona also announced their previously reported two-year deal with tackle Kelvin Beachum and a one-year deal with running back Corey Clement.

Prater has spent the last two seasons with the Cardinals and he’s gone 52-of-62 on field goals and 64-of-67 on extra points since joining the team.

Clement appeared in nine games for the Cardinals last season. He ran 15 times for 55 yards and a touchdown and caught five passes for 54 yards while also seeing time on special teams.

Comment

• Curious to see what a kicker like Prater is worth?
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Eagles to release Darius Slay

Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2023, 10:58 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Eagles gave cornerback Darius Slay permission to talk to other teams about a trade, but that won’t be the route he’s taking out of Philadelphia this offseason.

Slay posted a message on Twitter saying he has “nothing but love” for Philadelphia and “let’s see where we heading next” on Wednesday morning. Shortly after that message hit feeds, there were multiple reports that the Eagles will release Slay.

Slay was heading into the final year of his contract with a base salary of $17 million and a cap hit of just over $26.1 million, which led to talks with the Eagles about a new deal. Those talks did not progress, however, and Slay will now be hitting the open market in search of a new place to play.

That puts Slay on the growing list of departures from the defense in Philadelphia. Defensive tackle Javon Hargrave, linebacker Kyzir White, safety Marcus Epps, and linebacker T.J. Edwards have all found new places to play. Safety C.J. Gardner-Johnson and defensive tackle Fletcher Cox remain unsigned for next season, but the Eagles did secure the return of cornerback James Bradberry.

The Eagles are expected to make Slay a post-June 1 cut. That will result in a cap hit of just over $8.6 million this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X