Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    Fuck Patricia. I have never disliked (I don't want to say hate, because that is a bit too strong) a Lions coach as much as Patricia.

I think I disliked Millen less, even though he did more, longer term damage to the Lions. At least he was a likeable guy for the most part.
    A nightmare scenario would have been Patricia as Millen's Head Coach for the entire time that he was the GM of the Lions.

Multiple 0-16 seasons would have been the result!!

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
    My friend Ken L

Comment

Fuck Patricia. I have never disliked (I don't want to say hate, because that is a bit too strong) a Lions coach as much as Patricia.

I think I disliked Millen less, even though he did more, longer term damage to the Lions. At least he was a likeable guy for the most part.
      Patricia was/is so bad that he makes Millen likeable.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

100% - even though Millen sucked, I kept watching the games throughout his tenure. Patricia lost me about 4 games into his first season - I had a visceral "dislike" for him right out of the gate. I didn't reengage until I watched Hard Knocks and realized that I still bleed honolulu blue
        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Jets agree to one-year deal with Tim Boyle

Posted by Myles Simmons on April 6, 2023, 1:09 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Jets are adding a quarterback — but this isn’t the transaction we’ve all been waiting for.

New York has agreed to sign Tim Boyle to a one-year deal, according to Mike Garafolo of NFL Media.

The move reunites Boyle with offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, who held the same position with the Packers from 2019-2020 when Boyle was with the club.

Boyle has appeared in 17 games with three starts since entering the league as an undrafted free agent in 2018.

He was with the Lions for most of the last two seasons, though he was signed by the Bears off Detroit’s practice squad late in 2022. He appeared in one game for Chicago, throwing two interceptions on eight passes.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Ex-Lion Alex Brown sentenced to four months in jail for car crash that injured former teammate

Posted by Josh Alper on April 6, 2023, 12:12 PM EDT

Getty Images

Former Lions cornerback Alex Brown will be spending some time in jail after being sentenced for his role in a 2021 car accident that injured another one of the team’s players.

Brown was initially charged with two counts of operating while under the influence causing serious injury and two counts of reckless driving causing serious injury, but Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports that he entered a nolo contendre plea to one charge of operating under the influence. He was sentenced to four months in Wayne County Jail along with two years of probation and he will have to pay $778 in court costs and fines.

Prosecutors said Brown had a .211 blood alcohol level on a portable breathalyzer after August 2021 crash. Former Lions tight end Charlie Taumoepeau had to be removed from the car with the jaws of life and spent the season on the non-football injury list.

Brown was waived after the accident and has not spent any other time on an NFL roster.

Comment

• Nice to see more Calvin spotlight recently:

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The Detroit Panthers...

Panthers to sign John Penisini

Posted by Josh Alper on April 8, 2023, 6:03 PM EDT

Getty Images

Defensive lineman John Penisini is returning to the NFL.

Agent David Canter announced that Penisini is set to sign with the Panthers this week.

Penisini was a 2020 sixth-round pick of the Lions and he announced his retirement in June 2022. The Lions released him from the reserve/retired list last month, however, and that left him free to sign with any team.

Penisini played in 32 games over his first two seasons. He had 49 tackles, a sack, a pass defensed, and a fumble recovery in those appearances.

The Panthers have also added DeShawn Williams and Shy Tuttle to a defensive line group that is bringing back Derrick Brown, Henry Anderson, and Bravvion Roy.

Comment

• Of course!

The greatest surprise for me this offseason is the Panthers didn’t sign Jamaal Williams. I 100% thought they would be all over one of the heart and soul pieces of the 2022 Lions. Instead they gave Miles Sanders a notable contract.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I did too. But it makes sense since Staley had him (Miles) earlier in his career.

Comment

• Falcons re-sign KhaDarel Hodge

Posted by Myles Simmons on April 11, 2023, 3:58 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Falcons have brought back one of their key contributors from last season.

Atlanta has re-signed receiver KhaDarel Hodge to a one-year deal, the club announced on Tuesday.

Hodge appeared in all 17 games for the Falcons last season. He was on the field for 19 percent of the offense snaps but 60 percent of special teams snaps. He finished the year with 13 catches for 202 yards with one touchdown — the first of his career.

The receiver entered the league in 2018 as an undrafted free agent with the Rams, appearing in 14 games as a rookie out of Prairie View A&M. He then spent time with the Browns and Lions before landing with the Falcons.

In 72 career appearances, Hodge has 43 receptions for 632 yards with one TD.

Comment

• Falcons now hold potential fifth-year option on two first-round corners from 2020

Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2023, 3:28 PM EDT

Getty Images

The trade that sent cornerback Jeff Okudah from the Lions to the Falcons means that Atlanta now have two cornerbacks from the first round of the 2020 draft, in Okudah and A.J. Terrell.

It also means that the Falcons have until early May to pick up the fifth-year option for both of them.

The Falcons undoubtedly will pick up the option on Terrell, unless he’s signed to a new contract before the deadline. Okudah likely won’t have the option exercised.

The mere fact that Okudah could be had for a fifth-round pick shows he’s not fifth-year option material. If he plays really well this year and leaves via free agency, his departure would factor into potential compensatory draft picks for 2025.

For the Lions, Okudah was the last first-round link to the Bob Quinn/Matt Patricia regime. And while Okudah started 15 games last season, injuries in 2020 and 2021 kept his career from getting off the ground.

Comment

• Ndamukong Suh on playing in 2023: All options are on the table

Posted by Josh Alper on April 12, 2023, 10:17 AM EDT

Getty Images

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh waited until November before signing with the Eagles last year and the decision resulted in the third Super Bowl trip of his career.

The Eagles weren’t the only team to show interest in Suh, however. During an appearance on The Rich Eisen Show, Suh said he spoke to the 49ers about signing with them and that it was an appealing option that he ultimately passed on because he wasn’t convinced it was the right fit.

Suh told Eisen that he’s having the same conversations with himself about whether he will find the “perfect fit” for him to continue playing and whether he wants to wait as long as he did last year to come to a conclusion.

“I don’t know yet. It’s gotta be, honestly, the right situation. . . . I’ll say this, all options are on the table,” Suh said.

Suh had 10 tackles and a sack in eight regular season games for the Eagles and added two tackles in the postseason.

Comment

• WATCH NOW

18:01
                            Okudah gets 'out from microscope' in DET to ATL

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                              Ndamukong Suh on playing in 2023: All options are on the table

Posted by Josh Alper on April 12, 2023, 10:17 AM EDT

Getty Images

Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh waited until November before signing with the Eagles last year and the decision resulted in the third Super Bowl trip of his career.

The Eagles weren’t the only team to show interest in Suh, however. During an appearance on The Rich Eisen Show, Suh said he spoke to the 49ers about signing with them and that it was an appealing option that he ultimately passed on because he wasn’t convinced it was the right fit.

Suh told Eisen that he’s having the same conversations with himself about whether he will find the “perfect fit” for him to continue playing and whether he wants to wait as long as he did last year to come to a conclusion.

“I don’t know yet. It’s gotta be, honestly, the right situation. . . . I’ll say this, all options are on the table,” Suh said.

Suh had 10 tackles and a sack in eight regular season games for the Eagles and added two tackles in the postseason.
                              Perfect fit = Top record in the conference…

Comment

• I’d take Suh back in a heartbeat
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X