Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They take thier sledding seriously here in Germany
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dwt1; February 10, 2015, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Looks painful for the guy in front.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Sharkbait

I hope this goes thru...lol I am not tooooo computer savy. I started a GoFundMe for my brother Sharkbait. I hope it is ok to post in here, Angeleyes said to put in this thread..... the site is safe, I know of someone that used it personally. Sharky is hanging on by a thread, but he is Yooper tough, and a Lion's fan...LOLOLOLOL. Donations and Prayers are welcomed. I am going to be setting up a Benefit/donation account for him tomorrow(2-13-15) at my credit union. I believe Angeleyes will be posting updates. If there are any questions, comments, etc. feel free to contact me thru private message here, or email me at northernstar3@gmail.com Thanks for your friendships and prayers.
        Last edited by Northernstar3; February 12, 2015, 11:40 AM. Reason: did not finish post first time.
        "Stuck on Stupid"

Comment

• Originally posted by Northernstar3 View Post
          https://www.facebook.com/laurinda.bi...06185344497667

I hope this goes thru...lol I am not tooooo computer savy. I started a GoFundMe for my brother Sharkbait. I hope it is ok to post in here, Angeleyes said to put in this thread..... the site is safe, I know of someone that used it personally. Sharky is hanging on by a thread, but he is Yooper tough, and a Lion's fan...LOLOLOLOL. Donations and Prayers are welcomed. I am going to be setting up a Benefit/donation account for him tomorrow(2-13-15) at my credit union. I believe Angeleyes will be posting updates. If there are any questions, comments, etc. feel free to contact me thru private message here, or email me at northernstar3@gmail.com Thanks for your friendships and prayers.
          Yep, the link worked. I'm sorry to hear your brother isn't doing too well. I will definitely pray for him.

Comment

• For those who don't use Facebook and can't get to the actual link:

Once upon a time, June 7th, 1951 a little boy was born to Mickey and Esther Bishop in Marquette, … Laurinda Bishop needs your support for A Miracle for Mickey
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Hanging on by a thread, NorthernStar? Ffs.

Don't want to ask too many questions but is he responding to any treatment at all?

Keep fighting it, Sharkbait. Thoughts & prayers continue to be with you.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• F cancer

Fight it Mickey!

:bummed:K
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Very short update now, but will come back in here later tonight to do a full status on him. He is not hanging on by a thread. He is responding to treatment that he has had. He has gotten a bit worse, but not that bad. Will be back on in a few hours and will add more.
                  My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• I have faith he'll turn it around, as he and I have some unfinished business with a few beers. Keep fighting, Mick!
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Go Mick GO!!!
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                        I have faith he'll turn it around, as he and I have some unfinished business with a few beers. Keep fighting, Mick!
                        LOL...........thanks for the laugh LFIJ. Are these the ones that I owe you or is this unfinished business something else.

Comment

• iirc, didn't Mick already drink the ones you got for me? ;)

Comment

• Update on Sharkbait: Still in isolation at the hospital, and will be in isolation until he gets out and comes back home. So many things have been going on that it gets overwhelming. He had to have a double picc line, (peripherally inserted central catheter), which is a long I.V. line inserted in your upper arm and terminates in your heart which was inserted since there are no more places to poke him for all the labs they have to do and his regular I.V. had stopped working. The first picc line stopped working after a few days so they had to remove that one and place another one in. His week of strong chemo went well; according to the blood results as it wiped everything out (all blood cells and platelets). We are now playing the waiting game for a month to see if his bone marrow grows the good cells back. Along with the chemo treatments he has also received blood and platelet transfusions. He is now having many side effects from all the chemo and other drugs he is on. He did develop a double ear infection and with someone’s blood count so low they get this a lot worse than we would. He also has a lot of jaw pain and is unable to eat, so he is getting fed by TPN (getting fed through the picc lines). It is hard for him to talk so he has to whisper, but yet it still hurts him when he does this. He can only hear about 10% of what someone says, and that’s even with lip reading. So far the past few days have been the roughest for him and he has now lost his sense of humor, but I am sure that he will eventually get that back. He will have to go through another 1 week round of the strong chemo before the bone marrow transplant can take place. The other test results came back from the biopsy and they showed the AML’s subtype is secondary with 18 mutations. This is one of the fastest moving cancers out there and it worsens quickly. Doctor stated that the prognosis without the mutations is about 20% and with the mutations it is even lower. Without any treatment we are looking at about 3-6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                              iirc, didn't Mick already drink the ones you got for me? ;)
                              There sitting in the dang refrigerator yet. I'm thinking about taking them to the hospital so he can drink them.

The other day the nurse asked him a question and he replied with saying "why yes, I will have 2 beers." The question had nothing to do with beer.

Comment

• That prognosis doesn't sound great, AE. I hope the "with treatment" is a lot more than 3-6 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X