No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder when the hell a 6 oz can of Tuna became a 5 oz can?

Bastards.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      I wonder when the hell a 6 oz can of Tuna became a 5 oz can?

Bastards.
      That happened just after wicked tuna debuted on Nat Geo.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• "I wonder when the hell a 6 oz can of Tuna became a 5 oz can?

Bastards."

-------------------------Instead of raising the price they reduce the amount. Tuna isn't the only one.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Rarely do you see a half gallon of ice cream.

Comment

• They've been shrinking the T.P. and the paper towel rolls for several years as well. I've noticed the same with O.J., laundry detergents and bleach, etc.

Nickle and diming bastards.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Dog food used to be in 20 lb bags, they are 17.5 or 15 now.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Found that out about a month ago Tony. Was walking around waiting for the daughter to finish her drivers ed class and walked into Pet Supplies to see what the prices were now. I noticed the bags had shrunk.

"They've been shrinking the T.P. and the paper towel rolls for several years as well. I've noticed the same with O.J., laundry detergents and bleach, etc."
                ----------------------Yep. Chip bags have shrunk, canned items have shrunk as well. I'm sure there's more.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                  "I wonder when the hell a 6 oz can of Tuna became a 5 oz can?

Bastards."

-------------------------Instead of raising the price they reduce the amount. Tuna isn't the only one.
                  Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Rarely do you see a half gallon of ice cream.
                  Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  They've been shrinking the T.P. and the paper towel rolls for several years as well. I've noticed the same with O.J., laundry detergents and bleach, etc.

Nickle and diming bastards.
                  Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                  Dog food used to be in 20 lb bags, they are 17.5 or 15 now.
                  Originally posted by DanO View Post
                  Found that out about a month ago Tony. Was walking around waiting for the daughter to finish her drivers ed class and walked into Pet Supplies to see what the prices were now. I noticed the bags had shrunk.

"They've been shrinking the T.P. and the paper towel rolls for several years as well. I've noticed the same with O.J., laundry detergents and bleach, etc."
                  ----------------------Yep. Chip bags have shrunk, canned items have shrunk as well. I'm sure there's more.
                  They've been doing it for years to all sorts of products, but I hadn't had a can of Tuna in quite a while and the difference between the newer 5 oz can and the old 6 oz was noticeable.

20lb bags of Kingsford Charcoal are 16lbs (unless you buy the tow pack at Sam's) and a lb of coffee hasn't been a lb for years.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                    canned items have shrunk as well. I'm sure there's more.

C'mon man you can't leave it this wide open.
                    Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                      Dog food used to be in 20 lb bags, they are 17.5 or 15 now.
                      Originally posted by DanO View Post
                      Found that out about a month ago Tony. Was walking around waiting for the daughter to finish her drivers ed class and walked into Pet Supplies to see what the prices were now. I noticed the bags had shrunk.

The bastards did it again! They are down to 10# bags for the same cost as an old 20!
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Hidden inflation. I too have noticed it for a while now.

Question, how small can a Reese's PB Cup get?

Comment

• The term "turn key" drives me bat shit crazy. I hate buzz words in general, but that one is everywhere and it pisses me off.

/rant
                          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• I will add "bang for your buck" to your rant, Kay. 'Can't stand that phrase.

Comment

• ROI is the new BFYB

Comment

• Our true north mission statement is to leverage our stakeholders into engaged agents of change. Empowered to turn process opportunities into win win win scenarios while yielding a maximum return on investment, they will power the process driven progress of our company to the upper decile and finally to the point we are the best run company in North America.

Comment

Working...
                                X