Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
    ^The 1980 season was a much bigger disappointment. I think that was a better team. Also i was much younger back then.....I had not learned not to trust tbe Lions
    Coming off a 2-14 Komlo led Lions, 1980 was painful. 1981 hurt worse because I didn't recognize the pattern. Sims getting hurt when he was the #1 back in football hurt too. I was young then too.

The 0-16 hurt but this year almost takes me back to those early 80's years.

The Tampa Bay game was the turning point in the season, as the "SOL" stuff started rearing it's ugly head. I felt it inside, but thought the opponents injuries in the division would still be a factor.

At least I personally attended the Dallas game, and it was electrifying for me.

God I Love/hate the Lions.

Comment

• I had to leave early from the Cowboy's game, but I go to see the Ravens and Giants all the way to the end...........

yeah me.
      The only logical explanation is:
      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Maybe you should leave early more often?
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• And start GBU threads on your way home?
          Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• In general I just dont like todays game as much. I liked the 2 back systems that required excellent pass-run balance and excellent excution to complete pass plays. The rules make it to easy to throw the ball now. The depletion in my enthusiam for the game is another reason the 1980 and 1981 seasons were more disappointing
            AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
              In general I just dont like todays game as much. I liked the 2 back systems that required excellent pass-run balance and excellent excution to complete pass plays. The rules make it to easy to throw the ball now. The depletion in my enthusiam for the game is another reason the 1980 and 1981 seasons were more disappointing
              the game is going to have to look to the past to find more balance
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• ^ With the rules limiting defenders as they do football of the past will remain football of the past.
                AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• rule changes were part of the deal and would have to be again. Even the field again.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    Maybe you should leave early more often?

Nah, threw myself out of a Packer game once, and the Lions did not come back and win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
                      Nah, threw myself out of a Packer game once, and the Lions did not come back and win.
                      You could have had the decency to get thrown out by security.
                      Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• trust me, I needed to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          I find NFL games to be incredibly boring in person. So much standing around.
                          Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          Yep.

The tailgates before and after are the real fan/fun part. For me anyway.

Of course, seeing an occasional great play on the field of play is eventful but rare in itself.
                          I agree 90% of the time. I was in the Silverdome when Barry went to number 2 on the rushing list at the time. That was electric and being there made it more special. Most of the time the at home experience is for more comfortable and informed than the stadium.
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I love watching the games in person. The smells, the sites, etc. I love sitting in the crowd watching others get toasted. It is the connection between the members of the crowd that really does it for me.
                            All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Schwartz has no idea what booing is, he should have been in the Silverdome in '78 when the Lions took a knee at the goal line instead of going for a 50 spot on the Vikes. After suffering an entire decade of losses to the Purple People Eaters, we wanted blood, first born, a fatted calf sacrificed - you name it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                                Schwartz has no idea what booing is, he should have been in the Silverdome in '78 when the Lions took a knee at the goal line instead of going for a 50 spot on the Vikes. After suffering an entire decade of losses to the Purple People Eaters, we wanted blood, first born, a fatted calf sacrificed - you name it.
                                nice

Comment

Working...
                                X