Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will all you assholes just believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
    I still think Stafford has the tools to be very good. What I question at this time is still his leadership. He is still young and may just need more time to grow into it.
    First let me preface this with the fact that I do indeed consider myself a Stafford fan. I'm not part of the group that thinks he's a bum and should be replaced as soon as possible. And that group is growing more and more as the years go by, by the way.

But I gotta say, I'm tired of hearing how he has "the tools to be very good". Or how "he's still young". What is this, his 7th or 8th season now?

The ship has sailed on the youth excuse.
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• I was referring to his youth regarding leadership not physical tools.

He has been following coaches and being the good soldier. He may have the talent to be very good or may not. It has not played out yet.

If he does have the talent, and the offense woes are because of coaching, as many believe, then he needs to at one point have the will power to become the leader on the field and in the organization to get it over the hump.

If he doesn't have the tools it will be proven.

If he has the tools but follows inept coaching and ownership then he deserves the failures and criticism he gets in his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
        I fight my apathy to feel like I did during the Millen torturous reign.

I am willing to be patient to see what the defense will be like after like 6 games, maybe with Levy and crew together.

I still think Stafford has the tools to be very good. What I question at this time is still his leadership. He is still young and may just need more time to grow into it.

When I say leadership I'm not just talking on the field.

If he wants to be great he will need to not be a follower to bad coaching, he needs to speak up and say that things are not working. He needs to hold the organization accountable just as the players.

Great players do this, some don't.

Jordan did it with the bulls, Barry didn't with the Lions.

I respect Barry as a player but if an organization is not going to do what it takes to win then I don't have a problem when they leave, as long it's to another organization that has a reputation as winners.
        That is hard to do with the Lions because when you are a Stafford like athlete with them, they really seem to try to give you everything you could seem to want. How can you bitch about an employer that seems to be giving you everything you want or need?

Stafford has to get a bit more assertive in the huddle and make sure that everyone is on the same page.

Do you think in Bradys huddle if there was a breakdown on the previous play he would not give the culpret a dressing down instead of an "atta boy, let's get em next time"

He needs to make his huddle accountable for moving the chains and getting into the endzone.

Wait? You say what the heck, they scored 28 pts in the game? I would suggest allowing 30 unanswered point is as much on the Offense as the Defense. They did get their hands on the ball but gave it right back.

Originally posted by Niffla View Post
        First let me preface this with the fact that I do indeed consider myself a Stafford fan. I'm not part of the group that thinks he's a bum and should be replaced as soon as possible. And that group is growing more and more as the years go by, by the way.

But I gotta say, I'm tired of hearing how he has "the tools to be very good". Or how "he's still young". What is this, his 7th or 8th season now?

The ship has sailed on the youth excuse.
        Totally agree.

He is a Vet and should be playing like one. He has been paid like one from day one.

I am guessing Russell Wilson would have liked to have similar rookie paychecks.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
          Wait? You say what the heck, they scored 28 pts in the game? I would suggest allowing 30 unanswered point is as much on the Offense as the Defense. They did get their hands on the ball but gave it right back.
          Hell you could make the argument that the Offense is even MORE responsible for it. Points not being answered in and of itself is half the offenses fault. On top of that them not holding onto the ball for any period of time or even threatening to score at all gave our defense no time to rest in 100+ degree weather.

Comment

• There you go. That's why I stated that I do not blame the Lions D for that entire farce ion Sunday. The O faltered big time.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• 1 of those td's was garbage, and wasn't there a pick six?

Comment

• Yup.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  Yep
                  @ "after the game". Looking speechless.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Way to go boys! Time to come home and start your 14 game winning streak!

Comment

• Denver, at Seattle, Arizona. 1-4 at best, maybe 0-5.

Comment

• Still don't believe

Comment

• Still don't believe. Sorry.

Comment

• Journey called, they stopped believing
                            The only logical explanation is:
                            I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• A man has to have something to believe in, ,,,,, I believe I will have another beer.
                              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• All I have to say is that I have nothing to say.
                                AAL 2017: Zach "in the beanstalk" Zenner

Comment

Working...
                                X