Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf.. seriously with this?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• What's wrong with the trade?

Comment

• What's right with it?
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• A year or so ago, I remember listening to Kevin McHale talking about D-Mo. McHale liked him. Outside of that, I don't know much about D-Mo outside of him being drafted...
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Seems like a reasonable trade to me ... he's likely as good or better than what you'd acquire with that pick

And if you somehow won the lottery and that pick was in the top 3 then it's still your pick.
            Forever One!

Comment

• My disappointment comes with the short term loss we get as Pistons fans.
              Detroit won't win the NBA Championship this season and there will be nothing on draft night to watch.
              Without the trade, at least I would watch the draft.

Maybe there is long term potential with this trade.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                What's right with it?
                They get a big guy who can stretch the floor. If they make the playoffs and the pick is in the mid teens they may struggle to find a player that is at his skill level.

Comment

• Its a protected pick for 2 years which is good. If he's a rental this is retarded. He's on an expiring contract and there's no guarantee that we'll be willing to match what he gets on the open market.

Where does he even fit in now and long term? You basically have Morris, Harris and Johnson all vying for 2 starting positions. This makes us better in the short term but did it potentially weaken us long term? I'd say our high ceiling is a 6-8 seeded playoff team and our low being a 8-10 lottery team.

Is a rental worth the 9th -10th picks and did this trade really make us a contender? Will he stick around? How much are they willing to spend since we're going to have to pony up for AD and Harris has a chunk of a salary? With all of that money spent on the front court who's going to be our back court guards next year?
                  Last edited by jaadam4; February 18, 2016, 03:49 PM.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Thornton is the rental, who said Motiejunas was a rental? He's a restricted free agent who they will probably sign to a long term deal. I know he's not a name, but really it's a good deal the Harris trade got them a good player but he's not a stretch 4.

Comment

• 'D-Mo' looks like a nice young player, that had a very nice season last year, and that fits a need with his skill set. But his back injury... that's the scarier part.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I think SVG got it right again, D-Mo is good player, his stats don't show what he can do (last year 12p,6r and 50% fg and 36.8 3PT%) he can play 4 but he can play 5 so that makes him Drummonds sub for when needed

Regarding his back problems, i've read that Pistons have one of the best med staff in NBA so i guess they've looked D-Mo and saw someone who can and will play this year
                        http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          who said Motiejunas was a rental? He's a restricted free agent who they will probably sign to a long term deal.
                          Agreed on a long term deal but with who? Drum will command big money, R-Jax has a sizable contract as does Harris. How much are the Pistons willing to spend and where does he fit on the team for that longterm deal? Is he starter or is he a bench player?

I'm assuming RJax, KCP, S-Johnson, Harris and Drum are our starters. What position is Motiejunas playing? What positions is Harris playing?
                          Last edited by jaadam4; February 18, 2016, 05:48 PM.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Why the fuck does every NBA player have to have a name like D-Mo?

I think we should adopt the practice here on the forum

F-Loo
                            N-Brook
                            J-Ad
                            C-Russ
                            M-Spart
                            D-imWiT
                            P-Anopiss

Etc etc
                            Last edited by CGVT; February 18, 2016, 06:26 PM.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Why the fuck does every NBA player have to have a name like D-Mo?
                              For the "D-Mo" example, it's probably because the average (English speaking American?) person couldn't spell or even say his name correctly (without looking at the name).

For Alex Rodriguez, I don't like the A-Rod thing.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                Agreed on a long term deal but with who? Drum will command big money, R-Jax has a sizable contract as does Harris. How much are the Pistons willing to spend and where does he fit on the team for that longterm deal? Is he starter or is he a bench player?

I'm assuming RJax, KCP, S-Johnson, Harris and Drum are our starters. What position is Motiejunas playing? What positions is Harris playing?
                                They will figure it out, he'll be a guy coming off the bench. I don't get the hand wringing.

Comment

Working...
                                X