No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our first rounders equate to shit unless they find a gem.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I read somewhere that Boban was insurance for next offseason if Baynes leaves.
      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• You don't give $21 million to insurance. Baynes is headed out as soon as Boban becomes official.

Comment

• If somebody wants Baynes, anyways ... or will give something the Pistons need. Tough to say what they could get or would give up ... unless it's just Baynes for a similar contract with draft considerations or something.
          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Anyone in need of a backup center would want Baynes. He was easily our top backup last season.

Comment

• FYI, here are your top 6 PERs for last season:

1. Curry
              2. Durant
              3. BOBAN
              4. Westbrook
              5. LeBron
              6. CP3.

Yes Boban was a deep bench guy but he did play enough to qualify.

The question is how much of the insane production he packed into limited minutes can he carry over into a more prominent role.
              Last edited by Kstat; July 9, 2016, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Have you seen what backup players are getting? 21 million over 3 years isn't much compared to some of these contracts.

Comment

• GS could sure use Baynes
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    GS could sure use Baynes
                    They have nothing realistic to trade though. All of their role players are gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                      Have you seen what backup players are getting? 21 million over 3 years isn't much compared to some of these contracts.
                      Yeah but the point is if you pay him that much you're planning to use him. 3rd string centers don't play. They didn't hand him that much money just in case they need him a year from now.

There's no reason to make Baynes a lame duck if they don't plan on keeping him here long term. Trade him now while you can get someone in return that can contribute.
                      Last edited by Kstat; July 9, 2016, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Kstat and I agree on something. Will wonders ever cease.

Boban's exactly the sort of guy the Pistons have to target, someone floating under the radar but has shown excellent production in limited minutes. If he can keep that same level with expanded responsibilities, the Pistons will have committed larceny against the league.

$7 mil a year is an excellent price for this sort of lottery ticket.

Comment

• Spurs can still match that offer
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• They aren't expected to, and they signed someone else already.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              Kstat and I agree on something. Will wonders ever cease.

Boban's exactly the sort of guy the Pistons have to target, someone floating under the radar but has shown excellent production in limited minutes. If he can keep that same level with expanded responsibilities, the Pistons will have committed larceny against the league.

$7 mil a year is an excellent price for this sort of lottery ticket.
                              You 2 would agree a lot more if you weren't both such douchebags on the delivery.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                Spurs can still match that offer
                                They really can't. You need cap space for his type of contract and they have none.

Comment

Working...
                                X