Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    The Pistons are in a bad spot. They have some guys that they need to make a decision on on in Drummond and Monroe. Smith was taking their minutes and shot opportunities. Van Gundy wants to see if any of the players were possible building blocks. What a bad situation. I don't recall a situation this bad.
    Are you serious? You must not remember the early 2000's then. Cedric Cebalos? Drafting Mateen Cleeves? Those years were straight up garbage. Drummound alone trumps all of that
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm totally serious. Ceballos and all those guys were part of the Dumars plan to clear cap space. That team was fine, it cleared everything off and it was the one time they spent money correctly. That team won 32 games, they had Ben Wallace, Stackhouse and Williamson. That team would wipe the floor with this jalopy. It shows you how bad they've become compared to the past where you would think that.

After this year, they will have not topped 30 wins in 6 years. They are terrible. Drummond doesn't beat that, we've seen 3 years of Andre Drummond, he is very athletic and impresses a lot. But how many games have you watched where he was the reason they won? Right now he is a stat guy and that's it. He's been here three years. Save the he's 21 take, you've watched such miserable basketball that you are clinging to any kind of life preserver, Drummond is that life preserver.

The Teal era is a golden era compared to this shit. The year Grant Hill left was a better year than any of the last 6. These guys suck.

Comment

• There is a good part about sucking. You get a really high draft pick and that often means a big difference in the players you get. Treading water with 8 or 9 picks is harder than it looks (and even then they did pretty well in Monroe and Drummond, yet here they are with this record).

Hopefully a high draft pick (or two if they suck for another season), plus Drummond, and some luck with KCP and/or others developing... got to start somewhere. If that works out then they need some smart FA signings. The Pistons will supposedly have the second most cap space next season now. Could be worse considering some of the choices that were made.
        Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; December 23, 2014, 04:24 PM.
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• You have options to work around that $5M in the future...
          You don't have options paying $14M to the worst shooter in the league.
          "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcAJGjOrLG4"]Josh Smith Makes Stan Van Gundy&#39;s Head Explode | Grantland - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              The cap is going to explode shortly. This is kind of a unique time where a 5 million dollar hit for 5 years won't be that bad. It doesn't happen in the NBA because the stretch provision is new and the cap has traditionally gone up incrementally. There will be nothing incremental about it. Cap space isn't what it used to be, for awhile teams will run into the situation MLB is in. Revenue increases are outpacing salary increases.

On the con side, if you are into tanking for more ping pong balls. The best bet would have been to keep on playing Josh Smith. He was a one man tanking machine. Putting a replacement level layer in his spot will improve the Pistons.
              Funny Joke!

(does KSTAT impersonation)

Sadly for you, you can't read, good for us that you are never going to be an NBA GM. His VORP was in the positive and his RPM (real plus minus) was too.

(done with impersonating KSTAT)
              The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Smith to Houston for 2.1 mil
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The Knicks are worse than the Pistons.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                    Hopefully a high draft pick (or two if they suck for another season), plus Drummond, and some luck with KCP and/or others developing... got to start somewhere. If that works out then they need some smart FA signings. The Pistons will supposedly have the second most cap space next season now. Could be worse considering some of the choices that were made.
                    They really need to get a superstar guard onto the team, through the draft. He doesn't necessarily have to be a Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan, but they need to get someone who would be an Isiah Thomas or Magic Johnson. They gotta stop trading away their high first round draft picks and hope that they eventually win the draft lottery and then pick well or that one of these top 10 picks pans out.

Comment

• Isiah and Magic are perhaps the best two PG's of all-time. I would love for the Pistons to get someone on that level, but you really need to catch lightning in a bottle to get someone on that level. I agree though, they need a hi draft pick to land someone like Anthony Davis, or a guard on that level. They simply are not going to get that via free agency. Gores needs to understand that the Pistons will not be able to get back into contention by overpaying mediocre free agents on the fly. I think by agreeing to cut Smith he gets that now. This is a nice draft if they can land a top 3-4 pick. And who knows, maybe Monroe will reconsider not that Smith is gone. Doubt it, but who knows.

Comment

• First game without JSmooth and the Pistons win by 10 at home vs the Pacers. They'll now go on to win 28 games and fuck up their draft pick. If they keep Monroe it's worth it. If not, is it? I think you also have to give Drummond hope that the team will improve, or he too will bolt. But I would sure like to see them get a top 3 pick. Philly and Minn will be worse. Utah, NY and Indiana are also terrible right now. I can see the Pistons ending up in the 7-8 spot. If they can keep Monroe, then add a 7 pick, it would be an improvement. If they lose Monroe, fail to add a key FA, and get the 7th pick, the team will likely be worse next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                          First game without JSmooth and the Pistons win by 10 at home vs the Pacers. They'll now go on to win 28 games and fuck up their draft pick. If they keep Monroe it's worth it. If not, is it? I think you also have to give Drummond hope that the team will improve, or he too will bolt. But I would sure like to see them get a top 3 pick. Philly and Minn will be worse. Utah, NY and Indiana are also terrible right now. I can see the Pistons ending up in the 7-8 spot. If they can keep Monroe, then add a 7 pick, it would be an improvement. If they lose Monroe, fail to add a key FA, and get the 7th pick, the team will likely be worse next season.
                          Agree with this except lottery will decide if the Pistons draft top 3 next season, not necessarily their record.

If moose comes back this is worth the gamble. If not yeah it will suck.

Comment

• Smith went for 21-8-3 in Houston's impressive win in Memphis this eve. Rockets were +15 with him on the floor.

Comment

• 21 shots, 8 from beyond the arc, 3 points ?
                              The only logical explanation is:
                              I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• the 3 would be the number of functional brain cells you have left after you cut off your air supply while performing auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Don't turd this thread up too big guy.
                                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X