No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah... they should eliminate the strike zone in baseball, too. make everything a strike as long as its caught by the catcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
      yeah... they should eliminate the strike zone in baseball, too. make everything a strike as long as its caught by the catcher.
      lol!

I hope they were being sarcastic
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
        that would certainly put an emphasis back on bigs again if they did that...personally I think that would be a fun game to watch if both offensive and defensive goaltending were allowed.
        As long at it hits the rim first, I'm all for it. Isn't that the International rule?

Comment

• Originally posted by FCRhodes View Post
          As long at it hits the rim first, I'm all for it. Isn't that the International rule?
          Yeah, the international rule works great with a league of slow-footed white guys that can't jump. Tell NBA players they can knock a ball on/off the rim and see how many guys get hurt colliding with each other attempting to touch a ball on the rim. Not to mention every shot within 10 feet will have to be a perfect swish or it's going to get knocked away.
          Last edited by Kstat; April 29, 2015, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• I hope they do tell them that when we send our teams to World Championships and Olympics. I don't recall that many injuries caused by this.

Comment

• because they play just 9 games, not 82+ playoffs. NBA players are trained not to be over-aggressive with a shot on the rim, so the rule actually works against them more often than not.

Comment

• Kstat
                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• 82 free throws shot by the end of the 3rd quarter, Rockets vs Clippers.
                  Horrible to watch IMO.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yeah that rule needs to be looked at....Theres too many FTs in basketball as it is without intentional ones too.

Comment

• I heard an interesting suggestion on sports radio -- as with a fb penalty, give the fouled team the choice to decline the penalty. Someone hacks Jordan, you decline the free throws and get the ball out of bounds. End of hacking.

Comment

• Or better yet. Make your fucking free throws. End of hacking.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That's the obvious solution and one that's not gonna happen. There have been terrible FT shooters throughout the history of the NBA. Wilt was terrible. Shaq was terrible. Drummond is terrible. Shaq hired a coach to spend hours with him. Didn't work. Not for lack of trying. So if that's your answer you must not mind the awkward pace of a hack-a game. I happen to think it sucks.

Comment

• An intentional foul should be 2 shots and get the ball back.

Comment

• It ruins too many games - makes them unwatchable. I like the idea of making the foul declinable, or allowing anyone else on the floor to take the shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                Or better yet. Make your fucking free throws. End of hacking.
                                Pitchers should learn to hit. First basemen should learn to pitch. Goalies should learn to score. Quarterbacks should learn to tackle. Every proffesional athlete should be totally flawless in whatever sport he plays.

Or maybe don't allow a loophole that makes one fundamental skill more important than all the other ones. If a player does not have the ball you can't force him to shoot free throws. The team being fouled can pick the shooter.
                                Last edited by Kstat; May 12, 2015, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X