No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish. They are usually on the other end of that since the going to work Pistons were put together.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• How the Pistons went from yearly NBA title contention to rubble

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• No, those signings were wildly panned at the time and for good reason

Comment

• There has been a long standing rumor, that Dumars had a deal of Rip Hamilton to Utah for Boozer. But Karen Davidson nixed it at the last second.

A starting lineup with Stuckey/Gordon/Tay/Charlie V. and Ben is not a great one but would have a lot more balance.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• There was quite the nice little shot at the Lions in that story near the end of it.
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                There has been a long standing rumor, that Dumars had a deal of Rip Hamilton to Utah for Boozer. But Karen Davidson nixed it at the last second.

A starting lineup with Stuckey/Gordon/Tay/Charlie V. and Ben is not a great one but would have a lot more balance.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                  There has been a long standing rumor, that Dumars had a deal of Rip Hamilton to Utah for Boozer. But Karen Davidson nixed it at the last second.

Assuming u mean Boozer in place of Charlie V

Seriously tho there's been a lot of bad drafting and bad luck. Rodney White and Darko could've been Joe Johnson and Bosh/Wade ... they would've been winning titles for a decade not just contending. I can't attack the Monroe, Knight or KCP picks they all at least made sense. Stanley was terrible tho
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    No, those signings were wildly panned at the time and for good reason
                    Don't think "wildly panned" is the right label. Reviewing Pistons fans comments during the time of the Ben G + Charlie V signings, the biggest complaint was overpaying. More of a mixed bag when it comes to comments... similar to when the Lions signed Amendola a few months ago. My memory of the summer is hearing the Detroit media hype up the FA signings.
                    We would have bitched about it more if it was "wildly panned" ... LIKE the Lions drafting Tavai!

http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/for...dwagon/page144
                    https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...?f=14&t=920867
                    https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...?f=14&t=921605

Now when Dumars signed Josh Smith... well, that's when his reputation started to become iffy.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• No it was widely panned. When you clear cap space and that is what you get it sucked. NBT was correct in that link posted, they blew the cap space and those two sucked. All life isn't in messages boards, nobody on sports radio were enthused. The Danny Amendola signing comparison is silly. Amendola is a disposable 1 year placeholder. Gordon and Villanueva were the big signings, in the NBA when you get cap space you really get one swing at it and your signings better have some excitement because you are stuck with it. The Lions will be active in free agency whether or not Amendola pans out.

Comment

• Charlie V and Ben Gordon were last ditch grasps to stay relevant on a fading franchise.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• With that said those were blockbuster moves compared to the shit SVG got us in.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Kawhi and Klay were both picked at 15. This year Det will catch lighting in a bottle at 15. Or maybe I've just been drinking too much

Comment

• If the Pistons were capable of finding and developing that mid-round superstar, don't you think it would have happened if by no reason than blind luck in the last ten years?

Comment

Working...
                              X