• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from ESPN.COM
    Detroit Pistons

Projected cap space: None

Potential free-agency targets: Elfrid Payton, Jeremy Lamb

Best case: The Pistons are able to use some combination of the full midlevel exception (maybe for Jeremy Lamb or Elfrid Payton?) and/or a forward-looking trade of Reggie Jackson's expiring contract (e.g. Jackson, Luke Kennard and Tony Snell/Langston Galloway for Andrew Wiggins and a future first-round pick) to bring in a scoring wing to complement their core strength up front.

Worst case: They spend and deal themselves into the luxury tax without bringing in difference-makers and end up stuck in mediocrity at a franchise-crippling price. -- Snellings
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Andrew Wiggins should not be in any best case scenario.

Comment

• Nah, that is probably the best case scenario for the Pistons.

That's actually the problem.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I think the "best case" scenario here is more predicated on moving Jackson rather than who they get back. In that case, the "best" player you're probably going to get is someone like Wiggins.

Again, that the move is largely trash doesn't change the fact that it's probably the "best" move the Pistons could make. That's what's damning about it; the "best case" is still garbage.

Comment

• STANLEY JOHNSONSF, NEW ORLEANS PELICANS
              Stanley Johnson will reportedly become a free agent after New Orleans declined to make a qualifying offer.

Johnson could have been made a restricted FA with a $4.4 million offer, but that was too steep for the Pelicans. By declining, they have more than $23 million in cap space to use in free agency. The former No. 8 pick hasn't progressed as expected in the NBA, having never shot above 38.9% from the field, but Shams Charania writes that Johnson "will receive interest from several teams."

SOURCE: Shams Charania on Twitter
              Jun 26, 2019, 9:02 PM ET
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• ISH SMITHPG, DETROIT PISTONS
                The Timberwolves have expressed interest in unrestricted free agent Ish Smith.

Tyus Jones is headed for restricted free agency, while Derrick Rose will be an unrestricted free agent, so Smith could be a backup plan if they end up losing both of those guys. He'd be relegated to being Jeff Teague's backup, though, so he wouldn't have much fantasy value in Minnesota.

RELATED:
                SOURCE: Darren Wolfson on Twitter
                Jun 27, 2019, 11:13 AM ET
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• ANDREW WIGGINSSG, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES
                  The Timberwolves reportedly reached out to the Nets to offer Andrew Wiggins in a sign-and-trade package for D'Angelo Russell.

With Kyrie Irving expected to sign with Brooklyn, they'll be losing Russell for nothing, but adding Wiggins and his horrific contract would be subtraction by addition for Brooklyn. The trade talks didn't get very far here, per Timberwolves reporter Darren Wolfson, but the main takeaway here is it would appear Minnesota is eager to part ways with Wiggins. He has another four years of max money left on his contract, though, so he's likely staying put.

SOURCE: The Scoop
                  Jun 27, 2019, 11:22 AM ET

Comment

• Reggie Jackson sucks so badly. I can't wait until he's gone.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

I think the "best case" scenario here is more predicated on moving Jackson rather than who they get back. In that case, the "best" player you're probably going to get is someone like Wiggins.

Again, that the move is largely trash doesn't change the fact that it's probably the "best" move the Pistons could make. That's what's damning about it; the "best case" is still garbage.
                      False, Reggie Jackson as annoying as he is, is better than Wiggins. Reggie Jackson is in his final year, Wiggins is signed on a monster deal through 2022-2023 where he tops out at 33 million. Wiggins was terrible last year. ESPN and Chemiclord need to read up, you are much better off doing nothing at all than to get Wiggins. He's not going to suddenly find a stroke.

He was making 25 million last year, Jackson was making 17 million

Last edited by froot loops; June 27, 2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

So basically he should just stand in the corner and wait for the ball.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          Reggie Jackson sucks so badly. I can't wait until he's gone.
                          He doesn't suck as badly as Wiggins. There is only a few contracts worse in the NBA.

Comment

• I'm not saying it would be a good trade, Froot.

I'm saying that's probably the "best" trade they could get for Jackson. That it IS the "best case" scenario they could muster is the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

So basically he should just stand in the corner and wait for the ball.
                              He could do that, but it doesn't remedy his defensive effort problems. He was at the root of all that Jimmy Butler stuff last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                I'm not saying it would be a good trade, Froot.

I'm saying that's probably the "best" trade they could get for Jackson. That it IS the "best case" scenario they could muster is the problem.
                                I don't think that's actually true though, if you really wanted to get rid of Jackson you can find a taker. A 17 million dollar expiring contract is much more valuable than that. That trade they put in there mention a possible 1st round pick, only if you could guarantee it being a top 3 pick in the double draft. If the Pistons really wanted Wiggins, they could have gotten him with Leuer, Galloway and GRIII. Jackson is useful, Wiggins wasn't even replacement level last year.

There are knuckleheads in this league so anything might be possible, but I think Wiggins is only getting dealt if the T-Wolves take on a contract like Wall or Paul.

Comment

Working...
                                X