Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• DeAndre Jordan is joining Kyrie and KD in Brooklyn too.
      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Rose on a cheap deal is not a best case or worst case scenario. He'll be a replacement for Ish Smith, he's better than Smith but he's an injury risk. It is certainly a better scenario than finding Andrew Wiggims on your roster on July 7th.

Comment

• Point is, that's not a move made to either build a team or tank one.

It's a move made in a desperate attempt to keep pace with all the other .500 clubs fighting for the 8-seed.

Comment

• It's still a much better move to trading for Wiggins which would be a worst case scenario. I'll gladly tread water than take on a debilitating contract like Andrew Wiggins. It's been pretty much established that the Pistons are stuck with the current payroll as is.

Sometimes there is no move available other than one on the margins. The Pistons as is are in a better situation than they were last year.

Comment

• If you're going to tread water, you might as well tank.
              Last edited by chemiclord; June 30, 2019, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Its impossible to tank with Griffin. Can we move his contract?
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yep exactly right, they are stuck and chemiclord knows that but he wants to be difficult. Some of those ridiculous contracts handed out yesterday were by teams who believed they are building something and they will come to regret them. You can do a lot worse than tread water.

Rose is a risk because he can't stay healthy, but if he can produce like he did last year in a backup role then it is an upgrade. If he gets injured and doesn't produce, the cap hit is not an albatross. Look at the list of those signings yesterday, some of them will look sketchy in a couple seasons. Stefanski has upgraded at the margins and they are hoping to hit on some of the younger players.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      Its impossible to tank with Griffin. Can we move his contract?
                      I would have thought to be a possibility but there have been no inklings of any rumors. After yesterday's bonanza, his contract isn't the albatross it used to be.

Comment

• Should reiterate, Pistons COULD tank, but that would involve dumping contracts + trading away future 1sts. OR the Josh Smith method again... spread a dead contract out over several years.
                        I would not be in favor of that.

Given how how we are stuck, just have to wait it out for a few years and hope Mr. French is special. Hit on other random young players too.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The best hope they have is in developing the younger guys and hope they can keep them. Of course, learning to win is a huge part of that too. But with that being said it is at least 2 years away. If not more.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I would have thought to be a possibility but there have been no inklings of any rumors. After yesterday's bonanza, his contract isn't the albatross it used to be.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They are only "stuck" because Gores's marching orders are to fight like hell for the 8-seed.

Comment

• Ya, this team is a fucking mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X