Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I don't think that's actually true though, if you really wanted to get rid of Jackson you can find a taker. A 17 million dollar expiring contract is much more valuable than that. That trade they put in there mention a possible 1st round pick, only if you could guarantee it being a top 3 pick in the double draft. If the Pistons really wanted Wiggins, they could have gotten him with Leuer, Galloway and GRIII. Jackson is useful, Wiggins wasn't even replacement level last year.

There are knuckleheads in this league so anything might be possible, but I think Wiggins is only getting dealt if the T-Wolves take on a contract like Wall or Paul.
    See, you're approaching the issue as someone who is actually trying to build a team with a chance of doing something of note.

I'm approaching it from the position of a franchise that is desperately fighting for the 8-seed. The Pistons aren't going to be interested in just dumping off Jackson for draft picks or cash considerations. They're going to want a player that they think can hold his own on a middling roster so they can squeak into the playoffs and get two more games of gate revenue.

Comment

• But Wiggins isn't that guy at all, Jackson is a better player right now. If at the end of the offseason you have Andrew Wiggins on your team, that is the worst case scenario. He doesn't help your team get more wins, he wasn't even a replacement level player last year. You are less likely to get into the playoffs with Andrew Wiggins on your roster than Reggie Jackson. He stinks. People complain about Drummond's contract, holy shit I couldn't imagine the caterwauling by the fans if they had Andrew Wiggins playing for the Pistons.

That best case scenario written up by espn was a case of the writer probably having to come up with 30 best case scenarios and didn't really do much investigation on them. You agreed with it for a separate reason being that you have a bone to pick with Gores and the Pistons because they want to get into the playoffs because they are kind of deluded. But under no scenario whether it be trying to sneak into the playoffs as an eight seed or trying to build a team with a change to do something of note would you ever trade for Wiggins. The only hope Minnesota has is finding a knucklehead exec who remembered the slogan Riggin for Wiggins and hasn't watched the T-Wolves for the last 5 years.

Comment

• Maybe Wiggins just needs to be coached up
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah maybe some coach can work magic with him but you certainly don't want to have to rely on that for a max player. He just hasn't been good.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• TONY SNELLSF, DETROIT PISTONS
              Tony Snell said he'll embrace whatever role Pistons coach Dwane Casey prepares for him.

NBA.com
              Jun 27, 2019, 6:13 PM ET
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The Pistons are in talks with Derrick Rose on a 2-year deal.

Is this their best case scenario, Froot?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  The Pistons are in talks with Derrick Rose on a 2-year deal.

Is this their best case scenario, Froot?
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Reggie Jackson being moved is the only thing if Rose is signed. I hope they go about this right.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        You agreed with it for a separate reason being that you have a bone to pick with Gores and the Pistons because they want to get into the playoffs because they are kind of deluded.
                        You call it a "bone to pick," I call it "Gores's publicly stated mission." His only goal is the playoffs, whatever happens beyond that matters less than the two extra opportunities for gate revenue (and the chance to flip a "playoff team" down the road if he gets a swell offer).

Comment

• See i don't see it that way. I don't think his only goal is to make the playoffs. I genuinely think Gores wants a championship team but he doesn't want to wait for it and do it somewhat organically. He used Stan "BUILD A F'ING WALL" VG as a puppet to try a quick fix rebuild on the fly but it didn't work.

I like the Frenchie draft pick and think he could be something. He's either a complete flame out or a homerun lottery ticket. The Rose signing will be a last ditch effort to make this happen while Blake can still play. After that he's (Griffin) going to turn into Cabrera and be a shell of his former self and be an untreatable superstar.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• And make no mistake about it, as soon as Rose is signed the Reggie Jackson move will be next. Rose won't be coming to the D to be a backup and Jackson has showed before that he's not content on being a 6th man.

I think the juice is worth the squeeze on this one because Rose is either going to be brilliant with Griffin or he's going to get injured and push them into the lottery. Griffin can't do it all by himself if RJ is gone.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Basically, the Pistons acquired Tony Snell + future 2nd Round picks. Bucks lose a 1st Round Pick (#30) and get to re-sign their starting C.
                              We are all winners, right?
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Kyrie and KD for the Nets? Sorry but that's not a championship team. Should have stayed home with GS.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X