No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still think Jabri Smith is the #1 pick in the draft but wow Jaden Ivey is something else. He and Cade could be electric together
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      Hopefully Bay and Stewart become more steady next season. Bay looks like a world beater for stretches then completely invisible for more.
      You dog Hayes and then you give props to the black hole (Fake Ben)? Dude gets dimes thrown (and is wide open) right under the basket and fudges them. He isn't Ben and he isn't an NBA starter.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• One nitpick about my dude Jaden Ivey… I wish his FT % was at least ~5 percentage points better. Thinking about a college player transferring shooting skills to the NBA. People say that college FT % is a better indicator than college 3 PT %.
        Davian Mitchell for example from last year’s draft. Poor at FTs, hot at 3 in his last season at Baylor. Terrible shooting metrics in the NBA so far.

Otherwise, my opinion about Ivey hasn’t changed since 10 months ago.

I obviously would love to see Ivey paired with Cunningham. Nothing to add. Can’t wait for Jaden Ivey to put up 20 points in the 2nd half of a big game in March that everyone watches.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

You dog Hayes and then you give props to the black hole (Fake Ben)? Dude gets dimes thrown (and is wide open) right under the basket and fudges them. He isn't Ben and he isn't an NBA starter.
          Fake Ben has at least had some really terrific games here and there. I’m not touting him to be an All star but he looks like he belongs

I wanted the Pistons to draft Hayes but I’ve seen nothing from him since. He needs a new team as his situation isn’t great in Detroit. He had the highlight of his life being drafted that high in the NBA only to have the Pistons win the lottery the next year and they drafted his position at a superior player.

The problem is that he has little to no trade value besides being a top 10 draft selection
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            One nitpick about my dude Jaden Ivey… I wish his FT % was at least ~5 percentage points better. Thinking about a college player transferring shooting skills to the NBA. People say that college FT % is a better indicator than college 3 PT %.
            Davian Mitchell for example from last year’s draft. Poor at FTs, hot at 3 in his last season at Baylor. Terrible shooting metrics in the NBA so far.
            I totally agree about FT% as an evaluation metric for college players. Him being closer near 80% would make him a safer pick but he’s not that far off.

The kid is electric though.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Fake Ben has at least had some really terrific games here and there. I’m not touting him to be an All star but he looks like he belongs

I wanted the Pistons to draft Hayes but I’ve seen nothing from him since. He needs a new team as his situation isn’t great in Detroit. He had the highlight of his life being drafted that high in the NBA only to have the Pistons win the lottery the next year and they drafted his position at a superior player.

The problem is that he has little to no trade value besides being a top 10 draft selection
              ON THE BENCH

Cade isn't a full-time guard. Neither is LeBron. There's a difference in instigating the offense and playing PG. Hayes problem is he needs to shoot better and he needs the people he distributes to to shoot better. A lot of his assists get F'd up by Fake Ben. Nobody's intimidated by Fake Ben. We need a starting 5.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

ON THE BENCH

Cade isn't a full-time guard. Neither is LeBron. There's a difference in instigating the offense and playing PG. Hayes problem is he needs to shoot better and he needs the people he distributes to to shoot better. A lot of his assists get F'd up by Fake Ben. Nobody's intimidated by Fake Ben. We need a starting 5.
                So you think Hayes problem is that everyone else needs to shoot better?

I’ll let the following article do the stat work for you.

NBA players have rarely played this poorly for this long to begin their careers and turned into legitimate players

Among the 237 players who have played more than 10 games and averaged more than 20 minutes per contest, Killian Hayes ranks 237th, dead last, in true shooting percentage.

Of the 317 players who have at least 30 field goal attempts in the restricted area, Killian Hayes ranks 297th in field goal percentage with a meager 54.1% at the rim.

Of the 152 players who have at least 30 field goal attempts from mid-range, Killian Hayes ranks 148th in field goal percentage at 23.5%.

He’s a threat from nowhere, and that means defenses don’t react to his drives and don’t fear him when he inevitably parks himself in the corner. And when a point guard is trying to distribute against five defenders instead of four it becomes much more difficult to find a passing lane.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I hope I’m wrong and he turns into an amazing prospect that can’t dribble to his left
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Hayes has been bad, but he can dribble to his left. That much is certain.

Comment

• It's early for Cunningham to know what his optimal usage is, but he is good already moving without the ball and attacking from different spots on the court. I personally think it would be a waste to shoehorn him in as a PG. They need a point guard who is good defensively, can shoot and doesn't need to have the ball a lot. Think of the Bulls with MJ, they always had a point guard who played more like an off guard half the time. Or currently look at GSW, Steph is the nominal point guard, but he spends most of his time comically running around the court like a jester.

Comment

• He’s averaging more than 5 assists a game. By Futures logic If Hayes was a better shooter then he’d be averaging at least 12 assist a game
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Hayes is a lefty. He can't go right.

Comment

• I'm on the Cade at PG bandwagon. He's our best player. Give your best player the ball. He's been playing PG essentially most of the season at this point. Outside of the start of the year when that loser Hayes was out there.

Comment

• "Instigating offense" is definitely a good description of Hayes game so far.

Some reports saying Pistons are interested in Jalen Brunson as an offseason target. His game is a nice fit with Cade, though he's not the long athlete Weaver typically goes for. And he'll be a hot commodity on the market, with the Knicks a big player.

Comment

• He's an awful fit. 6'1" and not a good 3 point shooter. I want a big backcourt partner next to Cade. Switchable defense at your guard spots. That's the key. Brunson gets roasted when he gets switched onto bigger players.

Comment

Working...
                                X