No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durant is closer to the end than the beginning, he's been in the league for 11 seasons. He may never get this close to a title again. If he's able to play, he is going to play.

Comment

• You were right Jad, it looks like Durant tore his Achilles.

Comment

• Wow, that was one PUTRID final three minutes for Toronto. They had a golden opportunity to end this, and laid THAT egg.

Comment

• The Warriors finally figured out that if you are going to lose don't lose without Steph and Klay shooting more than 30 threes. The Raptors should be ground and pounding that small lineup

Comment

• At any rate the vociferous cheering of the injury by the Toronto fans means they deserve to see a game 7 loss at home. Especially that own waiving bye bye to Durant after he went down.

Comment

• Ya, I thought achilles when he went down like that. Just awful. He should miss all next year.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Curry celebrating before Klay shot the ball is epic. He even gets a dig at Drake afterwards.

Comment

• Too bad about KD. Probably not wise to try to play, but I certainly don't blame a guy for being competitive. It has been a fun series to watch.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The weird thing is he didn't look hobbled at all prior to the injury.

I don't have a good handle on those type of injuries, I tore a calf muscle and it felt like someone shot the back of my leg. I had same crazy bruise that travelled down my leg for two weeks. I was hobbling for those weeks and then I was fine. I didn't think much of it, but maybe I came closer to tearing my achilles than I thought.

Comment

• KD didn't seem to be in much pain, I'd have thought that would be very painful......

Comment

• If i were the Warriors....I would still give him the max Day 1 of free agency. They know Durant best and I have to think that the idea of KD coming back (even if it is only 85%) to help the Warriors to a championship/deep playoff run might be really appealing to him.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Achilles tendons just sort of snap, there really isnt any warning. I still think of what happened to Bryant Westbrook when his snapped on him vs Minnesota. Damn shame.???? .
                            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• KD should be fine if he has to have surgery and recovers well. His game is pretty unique in that he's listed as a 3 but he's really a guard most of the time who shoots over everyone. The explosiveness might not be the same but he has never been a high flyer like Jordan.

I'm not sure how the Max works, he has to be eligible for the Super Max. Golden State will still offer it, the big problem is time, you give the Super Max to Durant and the Max to Klay you are locked in and they are all going to be on the wrong side of 30 in 2020. It doesn't mean you don't do it, but you have to find some cheap bargains to augment that.

Comment

• Yep and honestly when you have a team this good---on a historic level---you do as much as you can to keep it going as long as you can.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X