Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
    If i were the Warriors....I would still give him the max Day 1 of free agency. They know Durant best and I have to think that the idea of KD coming back (even if it is only 85%) to help the Warriors to a championship/deep playoff run might be really appealing to him.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They can't build a bench through free agency even if Durant goes. They are stuck in the same way the Pistons are stuck,. actually even moreso. Klay is going to get the Max and Looney is going to get a giant contract. You either have Durant or you don't and you are hoping to hit with late draft picks and old veterans looking for a ring.

The issue with keeping Durant is purely about how much Lacob is willing to pay for in luxury tax for another swing at it in 2020.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Wow...
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Kellen Winslow II helps out poor old hitchhikers
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It makes more sense for Golden State than it does the other teams in my opinion, especially the Knicks and Lakers. Jad is right on the injury and uncertainty, but if you look at the Warriors right now without KD, it is still a possible title team but it is on the downswing. Kerr is coaching his ass off to keep them in this series with the mismash of lineups. That gets worse as Livingston is going to retire and Iguodola is near the end as well. Even if they re-sign Cousins, that's probably not a championship contender in the future. So yeah you might not have Durant next year and when he comes back, he may not be the same player but the alternative is you have an impossible task of getting a player 75 percent of what Durant is. Re-signing him guarantees you have the window open in 2020, But is that worth the hundreds of millions you may have to spend on salaries and luxury tax to the owner?

Before this injury I was suspect of how effective any of these rumored super teams that were going to be forming were going to be. A lot of these players are old, the potential of Durant and Irving looks good but I'm not sure its enough. Now, focusing your team on Durant after the injury on a weak team seems like a bad idea.

Comment

• Toronto just became the first non-US based team to win the NBA Finals, beating Golden State last night,114-110, to win the Finals in 6 games.

Congrats to Toronto, and I hope that we can get back to what Toronto did in becoming a Champion: not tanking and finding players to fit the System that they installed in Toronto.
                "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                My friend Ken L

Comment

• Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by whatever_gong82 View Post
                      Toronto just became the first non-US based team to win the NBA Finals, beating Golden State last night,114-110, to win the Finals in 6 games.

Congrats to Toronto, and I hope that we can get back to what Toronto did in becoming a Champion: not tanking and finding players to fit the System that they installed in Toronto.
                      Toronto's future hinges on what Kawhi decides to do. If he stays there they will be pretty formidable for the next few years. If he leaves they're going to be meh. Great gamble by the Raptors GM, and if it only pays off with one championship, then it's worth it.
                      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• He's a good GM, keeping him is nearly as important as keeping Kawhi.

Comment

• Originally posted by FVD View Post

Toronto's future hinges on what Kawhi decides to do. If he stays there they will be pretty formidable for the next few years. If he leaves they're going to be meh. Great gamble by the Raptors GM, and if it only pays off with one championship, then it's worth it.
                          Just like when Joe Dumars traded the first round pick we had in '04 for Rasheed Wallace. It helped us get the 2004 NBA Title, and I'm glad, considering the wilderness we've been as a NBA Franchise since 2008.

My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            He's a good GM, keeping him is nearly as important as keeping Kawhi.
                            I wished that we could find talented guys like that to run this Franchise.

I don't trust the current system in Detroit as it's set up, and we need to see proof within the next year or two that we're becoming a serious contender for an NBA Title again, instead of #8 seed and 4-game sweep result.
                            My friend Ken L

Comment

• Parody can be quite humerous. Parity can be like having 2 good quarterbacks

Comment

• Like Chuck Long and Rusty Hilger?

Comment

Working...
                                X