Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    I'm sure that's true, but is it enough? He has been able to get far with bad role players, but generally when he runs into a team with good depth his teams have lost. At this point I take Kawhi over him for that position.
    He's done more with garbage than literally anyone in the history of the NBA. Considering how few teams actually have anything resembling decent depth (even Golden State's depth was pretty awful the last couple of years), I'm not sure just how much of a worry that is going to be. The teams that have depth tend to not have top end firepower, and vice versa.

On top of that, as transcendent as Leonard was in these playoffs, Peak Lebron is nigh immeasurably greater than Peak ANYONE in the game today.

The pressing question is, how much longer can Lebron reach that peak version of himself when it matters? If the answer is "1 or more years," then LeBron and Davis will be able to coexist perfectly fine in the playoffs, and be as dangerous as anyone for the timeframe in which it matters, especially if they are able to add a couple players that at least aren't liabilities. But if the answer is "not any more" (and that is entirely possible), then it's going to be a problem, because Davis and LeBron's games will overlap too much.

Comment

• This deal gets an unqualified A from me. I was hoping the Pistons were going to benefit from the league wide desire to make cap space at any cost.
      The Detroit Pistons have addressed a roster need the night before the NBA draft — and picked up another first-round pick.

Comment

• Ya, seems like there's another move here. Snell can play. He's a rotation guy, but that gives us 15/30/45. I don't see us adding 3 rookies to the 3 2nd rounders on the roster from last year. There has to be another move here.

Comment

• We're paying $12 million (Snell's team option for 20'21' season) for this pick. There has to be more to this.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Snell is going to play for the Pistons. He may have fell out of the rotation in Milwaukee but that team was pretty deep. They were going to go after a guy like him in free agency this year, who may have been cheaper but would have been a longer deal. Now they have to find a couple of players which they haven't been able to do in the draft.

Comment

• I didn't like Leuer and certainly didn't care for his contract - but Leuer was gone soon and opening up space. Taking the pick and Snell for 2 years tells me the Pistons are building for the future. Probably not a coincidence that all this money frees after next season. Lots of big names hitting the market that year. Not sure how they plan to get them to Detroit but stocking picks and cash points to it.

Comment

• Drummond likely won't exercise after next year. He'll probably be resigned before then - hard to imagine the Pisotns letting him walk away. Blake probably will exercise his last year (hard to see him walking away from a 40 mil year) but maybe not. He may want to chase a ring. After next year there Blake is the only player the Pistons won't have much of an option in dropping.

Comment

• Getting rid of Drummond is the only way out of purgatory. He's a non-shooting big who doesn't even play good defense. You can't build around a maxed out Deandre Jordan.

Comment

• That might be right, the problem is the owner likes him and has allegedly put the kibosh on at least one deal. Another problem is most general managers around the league share the same sentiment as you, so even if Gores would allow a trade the options are limited. I'm surprised that there have not been any rumor of a team interested in Blake, there are more teams with cap space looking to do something than there are big time players. Maybe after the initial rush of free agency subsides. He would fit right in in New Orleans.

It would help if Drummond could play better defense. Someone on the radio was talking with Ric Bucher on the very subject and he echoed what The King just posted about Drummond. Bucher basically said he needs to move towards doing less overall but emphasizing the rebounds and defense. And the host said, "If he could just be more like Ben Wallace." First off its not easy defensively to be like Ben Wallace and secondly in this current iteration of this league Ben Wallace would have a harder time than Drummond on getting on the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          That might be right, the problem is the owner likes him and has allegedly put the kibosh on at least one deal. Another problem is most general managers around the league share the same sentiment as you, so even if Gores would allow a trade the options are limited. I'm surprised that there have not been any rumor of a team interested in Blake, there are more teams with cap space looking to do something than there are big time players. Maybe after the initial rush of free agency subsides. He would fit right in in New Orleans.

It would help if Drummond could play better defense. Someone on the radio was talking with Ric Bucher on the very subject and he echoed what The King just posted about Drummond. Bucher basically said he needs to move towards doing less overall but emphasizing the rebounds and defense. And the host said, "If he could just be more like Ben Wallace." First off its not easy defensively to be like Ben Wallace and secondly in this current iteration of this league Ben Wallace would have a harder time than Drummond on getting on the floor.
                          I see what you're saying about Bug Ben, but in the NBA it's rep over rules so IDK if he'd have as much of a problem as he would be allowed to be more physical then most because the refs would allow it. If his man gravitates to the line, he switches to whoever else is close to the lane.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• He couldn't stay on the court because he was bad offensively.

Comment

• With the 15th pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, The Detroit Pistons select Sekou Doumbouya.

Who the heck is he???

I hope that I'll eat those words in a few years, and that Sekou Doumbouya becomes nearly as talented as the Greek Freak.

But please, don't let this guy become Darko 2.0!!

One major bust on an NBA team in my lifetime is enough.
                              "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                              My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                              X