Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BJK View Post

James Edwards III of the Athletic has mentioned this kid a few times as someone to watch if the Pistons land at outside the top 4.
    Have heard some hype about Bouknight over the last several months... particularly around the time of the NCAA tourney.
    Didn't watch any UConn basketball last season, but know Bouknight's team crapped the bed vs Maryland in the 1st RD of the tourney.

IF the Pistons unfortunately have the 6th pick, it's wide open. Would assume the Pistons draft Scottie Barnes from FSU. The hope of Barnes being more like Patrick Williams than Stanley Johnson.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• What is with the eyore shit that they are destined to get the sixth pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        What is with the eyore shit that they are destined to get the sixth pick.
        Because every professional sports league is out to screw the city of Detroit specifically because argle bargle grumble garrr.

Comment

• When is the lottery?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
            When is the lottery?
            On or about June 22
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              What is with the eyore shit that they are destined to get the sixth pick.
              Im not. I’m preparing to draft Cade Cunningham #1 overall

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Any of the top 4 picks are fine with me.

Comment

• Can the lottery happen already?
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Just over 3 weeks!

I’m pessimistic when it comes to this simply because the Pistons haven’t had luck in the lottery recently.
                    Now we’re talking about math. 80-20 in favor of landing in the top 5 this year. Don’t want to be too excited given the last decade of underwhelming lottery results.

Warming up to Jalen Green being my 2nd favorite prospect.
                    1. Cade
                    2. Green
                    3. Suggs
                    4. Mobley
                    Green played against much better competition when compared to Suggs. Also has better shooting splits. Very valuable in an analytical NBA era.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Cody: Can you figure the odds to land in the top four? Most analysts agree with your top four in some order.

Also, the Pistons have NEVER had any luck in the draft order, having picked first only once in their history (Jimmy Walker, Jalen Rose's dad). The first overall pick used to be determined by a coin flip between the worst team in the East v. worst in the West. Bob Lanier and Isiah Thomas were two #2 overalls after losing the flip.

Comment

• Lotteries suk. All the hub bub over 1 night. 1-3 fan bases are happy/happier. And 3-12 fan bases think it sux. Why is this done again. It has had no effect on teams. It's one of the dumbest things in sports.

The NBA in it's usual short sightedness doesn't understand that the off season is also a huge money maker. The NFL excels at turning every single event into an "event" And sure, Lottery day is somewhat of an event, but it's at half-time of a game. How much of an event is that?

Get rid of the lottery. Have shows on the players available. Where they could go. And how the different fan bases can look forward to the player(s) that may be available to them. Make their "combine" have an actual fan appeal would help too.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Pistons will end up drafting 3rd or 4th. Nothing the NBA does should be taken as "on the up and up." Some league favorite (probably NO since they want Zion to be a "Superstar") will get #1 amazingly.

If it were a true "lottery" then the teams at the back would hardly never win. Again, amazingly, teams at the back end manage to win a lot more then they should. Yeah, sure, everything's ok here.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I don't know, I think the NBA is damned if they do, damned if they don't. One player can change a franchise's fortunes like no other sport. None of these players are Shaq or Lebron. This player grouping reminds me of the 2014 draft, there was a lot of hype surrounding Wiggins, Embiid, Randle and Parker. There was that preseason tournament in Chicago where all 4 appeared and it was a big event. Embiid is the best of the 4, but he has had an injury filled career but has been dominant when healthy. The other three have had spotty careers. The first to win an MVP of that draft is going to be a second rounder.

Watch the playoffs, that's where the great basketball is. You are missing out if the lottery is what you are focused on. The lottery is the the lottery, Mitchell may be as good as the other guys.

One funny aspect of that 2014 draft is the Pistons had to give up their 2014 lottery pick to finished the Ben Gordon salary dump. There was a lot of hand wringing that they lost the pick. Charlotte picked Noah Vonleh and did absolutely nothing in the league.

Comment

• Cade and Mobley look pretty damned good to me and Suggs isn’t far behind. Shaq or Lebron HoF types out of the gate? Not likely but they’re definitely destined for good things.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Well right. Pistons did have an opportunity to draft Donovan Mitchell instead of Luke Kennard. Kinda sad when you consider Mitchell was projected to the Pistons in several mock drafts that year.

Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                Cody: Can you figure the odds to land in the top four?
                                52.1%

2024 NBA Draft order tracker updated after every game. Lottery simulator, mock draft, draft pick power rankings, team pages, and Tank Rank scores for games.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X