No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who in the hell is giving a first rounder for a player who is just as likely to snap his own ankles in half as his opponent's?

Comment

• If they can get a first for Rose they should jump all over that.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        Who in the hell is giving a first rounder for a player who is just as likely to snap his own ankles in half as his opponent's?
        Rose could greatly help any team in need of offense and playmaking. I think a playoff team looking at a pick in the 20s would jump all over getting Rose for the next 1.5 seasons
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Both the Lakers and Clippers are looking to upgrade their depth at backup PG. Not sure what their pick situations look like (thinking the Clippers might have given theirs up in the PG trade?), but either of those teams would benefit greatly having Rose for the playoffs.

Comment

• The question isn't who could use a player of Rose's caliber. The question is who would give up a first round pick for someone with as long of an injury history as Rose.

I just don't see it. Maybe a couple 2nds.
            Last edited by chemiclord; January 11, 2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Who in the hell is giving a first rounder for a player who is just as likely to snap his own ankles in half as his opponent's?
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Maybe we can throw in Griffin on the back side of a Rose trade to the Clippers.

Comment

• I don't think those picks in the 20s are all that much more valuable than a couple 2nds to some teams. Rose could actually make a difference for a team in the playoffs. That's no joke it's very real

Comment

• I guess... but I just don't see a team at this moment desperate enough to spend that on someone who has not been able to stay in one piece.

Comment

I guess... but I just don't see a team at this moment desperate enough to spend that on someone who has not been able to stay in one piece.
                      These teams want to win a title. Only one team can win a title. This year there's no absolute favorite to win the title.

We just differ on this one. Rose is a practically unstoppable offensive spark off the bench right now ... and that's with iffy teammates. He's both a scorer and playmaker.

You talk like that's something a team would need to be desperate to trade for. I think it's something teams (maybe other than LAC with Lou Williams there already) would be stupid not to explore.

Yeah his health will always be a thing ... but he's healthy now. Manage it right and he might be huge in a playoff run.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• You would hope they could get something for Rose but trading in the NBA is always difficult. As an asset Rose could really help a team in ways he couldn't a couple years ago, but I think he only gets dealt if it is an active deadline. As it is, he has been fum to watch for the Pistons.

They are starting to figure out the dilemma they are in, at the very least they aren't going to spend any more money trying to keep this ship afloat.

I think the Tigers are in a much worse position.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            I think the Tigers are in a much worse position.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Oh, I'm sure the Pistons could get SOMETHING for Rose... I'm just VERY dubious that someone on the wrong side of 30 with a LONG history of season ending injuries is going to net a 1st rounder in a trade.

That said, the Pistons can kinda see the light at the end of the tunnel, at least in terms of the financial nightmare they are in. The problem is going to remain finding the talent that will finally steer the ship in a forward direction rather than continuing to tread water in NBA Purgatory.

I also agree that the Tigers are in a far worse place, simply because Gores wants to win at the very least; whereas Chris Ilitch couldn't care less as long as he can keep stuffing his pockets.
                              Last edited by chemiclord; January 13, 2020, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X