Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Drummond's time is up, I don't mind him but the motor doesn't run all the time and the losing seems to really affect him. Notice that he always looks good early in the season, he puts in work to improve, he does show tangible improvement and it lasts until the first 4 game losing streak. He is the type of player that Chuck Daly would yell at John Salley to motivate. I'd like to see how he plays on a team with real talent he has to be a tertiary player not a primary.

The funny thing about Drummond is he was said to be the next Dwight Howard and he kind of became that, unfortunately he never had the three year dominant stretch Dwight had. But it kind of goes back to saying Drummond is 10-15 years too late, the game has passed the double-double guys by. Once the Spurs and Heat figured out they were better off not getting offensive boards and Curry started the three revolution, it made his skillset obsolete. He can still be useful, Dwight Howard and his quirky personality has found new life with the Lakers. He is just a rim runner and rebounder at the vet minimum.
    Basketball is also a little bit different than football because one guy CAN have a franchise-altering impact in a way that even a great QB can't in football. For example, wherever LeBron James goes, that team is IMMEDIATELY a contender. The team he leaves equally quickly plummets into the basement. Fuck, the Cavaliers TWICE went from a 60-win team to a 16-win team when he left. No one player in the NFL could ever hope of single-handedly changing a team that dramatically.

It's the difference between being one of twenty-two players on a field (and only half the time at that), and one player of five on the court the majority of the time. So yeah, you SHOULD expect a greater impact for any one given b-ball player.
    Last edited by chemiclord; January 14, 2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Even with James he always seems to need a couple other big guys, that has been his whole MO. When he doesn't have the surrounding talent he pouts, checks out and looks for the exits.

The Pistons just need one guy, then you build on that. They are certainly closer even without that one guy than the Tigers are right now. They are going to have plenty of ping pong balls this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
        And I didn't mention Stafford in that post.
        Your seeing things because of your hate for me.
        Sounds a bit ironic if you ask me.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by jaadam4; January 16, 2020, 06:41 AM.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I guess the conventional wisdom that he was a project a couple of seasons away was nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                I guess the conventional wisdom that he was a project a couple of seasons away was nonsense.
                Last edited by Kstat; January 16, 2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• you're is short for you are. In the sentence I wrote the your word is the correct spelling.

Comment

• Comment

the your word is the correct spelling.
                      Wrong as always dummy
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Your seeing things because of your hate for me.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

you're is short for you are. In the sentence I wrote the your word is the correct spelling.
                          Jaadam is correct here. YOU'RE would've been the correct use. Here's how YOUR would have fit. If you had written:

"Your seeing things because of your hate for me IS A BAD HABIT ...

What you wrote basically implied YOU ARE seeing things because of your hate for me
                          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Use people got too much time on your hands
                            We come on here as fans and get critiqued for the use of written language
                            Go the garage and do a project or something

Comment

Use people got too much time on your hands
                              We come on here as fans and get critiqued for the use of written language
                              Go the garage and do a project or something
                              20 seconds seemed a good amount of time to help settle a disagreement Haha

I wouldn't have pointed it out on my own ????
                              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I was going to take some online English classes at the local community college but since I got the Pistons thread here I'm going to pass on the online course and save a couple hundred bucks.

Cool.
                                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Working...
                                X