Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    "Now, do whatever moves you need to make to get the 8-seed, or you're fired." ~ Tom Gores
    Hahahahaha... so funny yet so true
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ah, you mean like acquiring ... a Kyle Lowry or Chris Paul ... and signing him to a max contract. That would make Gores really happy.
      8th seed baby!

No idea what hiring Troy Weaver will do. It's similar to the Lions hiring Bob Quinn (at the time of the hire) and that hasn't worked out. First time young GM coming from a strong organization.
      Fingers crossed the Pistons get lucky.
      I think Ed Stefanski has done a good job getting the Pistons out of a blackhole left by SVG. Now it's an opportunity for Weaver to build something.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Troy Weaver had his introductory “press conference” via a Zoom call today:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ns/3239808001/
        Last edited by BJK; June 22, 2020, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Troy Weaver was given a 4 year deal..Do you guys think the Pistons will win a playoff game in the next 4 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post
            Troy Weaver had his introductory “press conference” via a Zoom call today:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ns/3239808001/
            Man I'm trying to watch some of it and it's irritating how often he says um and uh, Haha
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Man I'm trying to watch some of it and it's irritating how often he says um and uh, Haha
              Lol, yeah. Not sure if anyone is worse about that than Bob Quinn though. He’s gotten better over the years, but it’s still pretty annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post

Lol, yeah. Not sure if anyone is worse about that than Bob Quinn though. He’s gotten better over the years, but it’s still pretty annoying.
                Yep. I like most of what Weaver has said so far tho

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Yep. I like most of what Weaver has said so far tho
                  Me too. His experience dating back to his AAU days tells me he understands what it takes to build a program. I’m hopeful.

Comment

• Did he say anything about being in salary cap hell with Griffins contract and how they’ll have to tank for several more years to finally get great players?
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• They're in great cap shape overall. Griffin is the only bad contract. No doubt they'll need to semi-luck into some great players tho

Comment

• Yeah, they are in great cap shape now. And assuming they’re judicious with the players / contracts they add in the short run, they’ll continue to be in great cap shape, as the contracts of Snell and Griffin come off the books over the next couple of years. They need to “restore” by being patient and not chasing big ticket guys in the weak FA class coming up. Instead, they should focus on collecting as many assets i.e.; draft picks and young players (maybe late 1st / 2nd rd types without roles on contending teams) as possible. The most likely way to do this is by leveraging some of their cap space to absorb bad contracts over the next couple of years that other teams attach assets to to move.

Comment

• I really like what OKC did getting rid of George Paul and Westbrook and adding all those picks......Amazingly they were just as good without those 2 and their future is very bright....im hoping Troy can pull off something here like that and get some picks for Griffin (pipe dream I know).

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                            I really like what OKC did getting rid of George Paul and Westbrook and adding all those picks......Amazingly they were just as good without those 2 and their future is very bright....im hoping Troy can pull off something here like that and get some picks for Griffin (pipe dream I know).
                            They lost Durant for nothing and Harden for peanuts, but did very well aside from that

Comment

• Weaver’s first official move as Piston’s GM is to sign Justin Patton, a developmental center who was a mid 1st rd pick by the Wolves in 2017. He has spent time with OKC (largely with their G League affiliate), so there’s the connection to Weaver. Maybe a scratch off lottery ticket, a la Christian Wood or maybe he’s gone in a few months. No risk signing.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...on/3266300001/
                              Last edited by BJK; June 27, 2020, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• The Big Muddy!

Comment

Working...
                                X