No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN did a NBA Mock Draft and I think they had the Pistons passing on Haliburton for that FSU guy and I cringed.

Now this

7 Detroit Patrick Williams SF/PF
    4 - Patrick Williams

6-7, 215 Small Forward/Power Forward
    Florida St. Freshman
    Birthday
    08/26/01 (19.2 yrs)
    Hometown
    Charlotte, NC
    High School
    West Charlotte
    Athleticism 9
    Size 8
    Defense 9
    Strength 8
    Quickness 8
    Leadership 6
    Jump Shot 8
    NBA Ready 6
    Ball Handling 7
    Potential 9
    Passing 8
    Intangibles 7

I like Haliburton "NBA Comparison: Lonzo Ball/Dante Exum"

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• My preference for the Pistons in this draft would be to stay at 7 and hopefully get Hayes or Haliburton (maybe my favorite player in the draft). With that said, Patrick Williams is an interesting prospect. At 19 years old, he’s the second youngest player in the draft but is already a legit 6’8” and 230 lbs. with a 7’0” wingspan. And he plays up to those measurements from a physicality standpoint. Way better athlete than Stanley Johnson ever was.

In a copy cat league everyone is looking for those two-way, switchable “Big Wing” players. It’s still a projection, but Williams could become one.

Comment

• I like Okongwu the best. Any of he, Wiseman, Ball, Williams, Hayes, Haliburton. Guys like Hampton, Lewis, Vassel are OK too. Don't really want Toppin or Okoro. Edwards and Avdija are wild cards
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Onyeka Okongwu is my favorite choice too at #7 if he falls. Comparisons to Bam Adebayo as a modern day center/ 5 spot. High potential on defense. Though Okongwu did average nearly 17 points a game as a freshman at USC.... not too shabby. 72% FT shooter (not a Drummond).
          This pick has to be BPA regardless of what the Pistons think of Sekou Doumbouya and the rest of the roster.

Pistons also have a crap ton of cap space. Free agency might get interesting ... particularly with what happens to Christian Wood.
          A real-time look at the salary cap totals for each NBA team, including estimated cap space, positional spending, and cap types.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• They really need to get Christian Wood back in the fold.

Comment

• Hopefully Christian Wood doesn't cost too much...
              Onyeka Okongwu, Killian Hayes, and Tyrese Haliburton are kind of the guys I'm hoping for at #7, but this isn't a strong opinion. Feel kind of meh about Okoro, Toppin, Avdija, and P Williams. Maybe, Vassell is fine if the Pistons don't envision Kennard being a core roster player down the road.
              Ultimately, I don't care and won't have a strong opinion because this draft is weak, wide open, and has a lot of uncertainty with the lottery players.

Boom. Pistons make a move this morning. Seems like it's a move that slightly weakens the 2020-2021 roster. Bruce Brown an ok bench guy. Whereas Musa is likely a non-factor, but perhaps has a higher ceiling than Brown. + a 2021 who cares 2nd RD draft pick.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• NBA draft day has finally arrived. Hoping they finally find a long term, core player.

Comment

• Williams/Hayes/Haliburton

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Williams/Hayes/Haliburton
                      That’s what I think as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                        Williams/Hayes/Haliburton
                        That's probably the 3 most likely guys. If I had #1 overall I'd probably take Wiseman, even though Okongwu is my favorite player available. Too much upside with Wiseman on both ends
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Someone will have to talk me into Patrick Williams if that's the pick. ... but yes, Hayes or Haliburton for PG help... Derrick Rose needs a young padawan to teach at PG. or Okongwu because I like him.

Pistons making some big moves prior to the draft tonight. Summarize:
                          - Pistons acquire the 16th pick from Houston in tonight's draft + Trevor Ariza.
                          - Pistons trade away a future 1st RD pick. (for the love of god, please be a protected pick..... )
                          - Pistons trade away a 2021 2nd RD pick for $4.6M.
                          https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...900864000?s=20

So are the Pistons going to possibly package #7 + #16 and try to move up for LaMelo Ball? Not really a fan of the draft prospects in the back half of the 1st....
                          Either way, exciting. I don't recall the Pistons having two 1st RD picks since I've been a fan...
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            Someone will have to talk me into Patrick Williams if that's the pick. ... but yes, Hayes or Haliburton for PG help... Derrick Rose needs a young padawan to teach at PG. or Okongwu because I like him.

Pistons making some big moves prior to the draft tonight. Summarize:
                            - Pistons acquire the 16th pick from Houston in tonight's draft + Trevor Ariza.
                            - Pistons trade away a future 1st RD pick. (for the love of god, please be a protected pick..... )
                            - Pistons trade away a 2021 2nd RD pick for $4.6M.
                            https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...900864000?s=20

So are the Pistons going to possibly package #7 + #16 and try to move up for LaMelo Ball? Not really a fan of the draft prospects in the back half of the 1st....
                            Either way, exciting. I don't recall the Pistons having two 1st RD picks since I've been a fan...
                            James Edwards III

@JLEdwardsIII
                            Per source, the pick the #Pistons are sending to Houston is HEAVILY protected. It's top-16 protected for the next four years, top-10 protected the following two years and then top-9 protected. After that, it becomes seconds.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• joe jonas relief GIF
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Patrick Williams at 4 to the Bulls. The hype was real.

Comment

Working...
                                X