No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember hearing radio advertising extolling HDH as a "fountain of youth" natural supplement that will restore vim, vigor and vitality.

..........and if not reverse, bring the aging process to a slow crawl.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Nice W in Indiana. Jennings with another big game. Score tied with under a minute to go and Monroe benefited from some kind officiating. Charge called on Hibbert, should have been a no call, imho. Drummond with a tip in with .3 left for the win. Fortunate call, but a win is a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
        Plus he did that goofy diet thing this past summer and dropped body mass. Might be backfiring.

Lebron looked 25 when he was 16, and looked 33 when he was 22. I've wondered for years if he used HGH or some other PED's. Maybe the whole vegan thing last summer was a front because he wanted to come off the PED's which resulted in the wt loss. And now without the PED's he is coming back to earth a bit. Probably not, but I have wondered. But I also wonder why french toast is called french toast.
        LeBron, Kobe and Melo all had significant weight-loss this offseason. It does make you wonder.

Comment

• Jennings was fantastic tonight. Put the Pistons on his back.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Greg Anthony, dippin' it in da nasty:

Comment

• Hope they don't come down on him too hard. I think he's one of the better commentators.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I agree, but his comments after the Pistons waived Josh Smith were perplexing. He said something to the effect that Smith, Drummond and Monroe are basically the same player, and the same result would have happened had they cut any one of them. Showed me he knows almost nothing about the Pistons.

Comment

• Thought someone said Kenny Smith said that.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Thought someone said Kenny Smith said that.
                    Actually, I think you are correct. My bad.

Comment

• Pistons were hot from 3 from the tip-off and cruised to an easy win over Philly at home.

Game 41, halfway point of season, and Pistons are 16-25. Can they go 25-16 the remainder of the season to finish at .500? Barring key injuries I think they can. Really nice groove. And the past 2 games were a nice rebound from the dud they laid at home vs NO.

Miami has moved up to the 7th seed and Det is now tied with Charlotte (also a hot team) just one game behind Brooklyn for the 8th seed. The Pistons are 2.5 games out of the 7th seed.
                      Last edited by fontes91; January 18, 2015, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• Being 11-2 over this last stretch, you have to think that getting to .500 is very doable, barring injuries.

Getting Tolliver for Mitchell has been a complete steal, by the way.

Comment

• Don't know if you saw the game last eve, but I'm guessing this Tolliver move and camera gesture will wind up on the Pistons highlight reel for the rest of the season.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy6l6NCh1wg"]Anthony Tolliver hits a circus shot and poses for the camera - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Come this off season Detroit should throw near max money to try and get Draymond Green. He's a perfect fit skill wise and desperately needed for a talented team that needs a real leader. I'm a Sparty homer for sure, but really, Draymond is a difference maker. I'm positive he'd be a great influence on Drummond.

Comment

• Green would be a really good fit for this team. Hard nosed, versatile defender that can space the floor for Drummond.

Comment

• He plays D, very good passer and a hard-nosed team player who can shoot. Not very athletic, but I think SVG looks for the aforementioned traits first. I'd be shocked if SVG doesn't make a pitch to him next July.

Comment

Working...
                                X