Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
    Come this off season Detroit should throw near max money to try and get Draymond Green. He's a perfect fit skill wise and desperately needed for a talented team that needs a real leader. I'm a Sparty homer for sure, but really, Draymond is a difference maker. I'm positive he'd be a great influence on Drummond.
    It's hard to believe people are willing to spend max money on Draymond Green of all people. I am totally one of them. He is the piece that could take this team to the next level, which I guess is .500

Seriously, he is the missing piece for this SVG team, he's excellent in so many ways. He absolutely gets after it, is beyond physical and as I said pre-draft, is a much better athlete than people realized. You watch him play and you think this guy is an elite athlete more so than one who has limitations. Plus, he is a shit stirrer who never backs down. He is an All-Star this year in my book.
    The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
      He plays D, very good passer and a hard-nosed team player who can shoot. Not very athletic, but I think SVG looks for the aforementioned traits first. I'd be shocked if SVG doesn't make a pitch to him next July.
      Oooh, no, I have watched this guy over 15 times this year, he is a good athlete. Ignore that criticism. He is not limited in that area at all. The nearly 2 BPG and 2 SPG show how athletic he is. The 7-2 wingspan helps, but he is a better leaper than people ever knew.

Comment

• I know this is just not going to happen, Golden State is going to value Draymond Green more than anyone not named Steph, maybe Klay, and will go over the cap to sign him. Same with Jimmy Butler and Chicago, but goddamn if Jimmy Butler at SF with Draymond at PF doesn't make this team elite.

Since the Smith waiving I am not sure what our cap situation is, but we should have some money to use this summer. JoeD couldn't get a coach in Detroit because anyone any good would want to coach and have Joe's job, and the Smith signing ended up pretty badly, but it's not like Joe left the team in shambles with a long "Knicks after Isiah" house cleaning.

The team is ready to strike this offseason and we have a few young guys worth a damn.

Comment

• Detroit's pursuit of Green is the league's worst kept secret. It's part of the reason why they waived Smith. Maybe the main reason.

The Warriors have to get rid of Lee to keep Green and not go over the luxury tax. But they want to keep Lee for this year's playoff push.

I doubt he leaves the Warriors.

Comment

• Who, Lee or Green? Lee isn't exactly a slam dunk to get rid of either. Doesn't he have more than 1 year left on his deal?

Comment

Greg Anthony, dippin' it in da nasty:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...052958898.html
              Good for him.

Prostitution should be legal.

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryTheDeuce View Post
                Good for him.

Prostitution should be legal.
                I might agree for the higher level business, but I have worked with prostitutes for years. The women are abused and treated like trash. Again, I know there is a higher level market - which I am sure is where Anthony was going - but there is an entirely different world with the lower class. A good friend of mine is the director of Breaking Free and she would tell you much more. I've had a few clients get murdered in tricks that went bad.

Comment

• Atlanta truly is the king of the East, at least for now. Sloppy game. Both teams shot poorly, but Det much more so. Decent energy - Det had a season high 19 O-boards, but they simply couldn't hit a shot. Det kept it within 4-6 most of the game, then Atlanta pulled away in the 4th, winning by 11.

Atlanta is really impressive. Strong defense, inside and out. Much better team than the Pistons at this point, imho.

Comment

• I really didn't understand why Drummond didn't play at all during the 4th. I know he was missing his FT's but he was providing a lot. I'd like to see he and Monroe in the game at the same time more than just at the start of each half.

Comment

I might agree for the higher level business, but I have worked with prostitutes for years. The women are abused and treated like trash.
                      Maybe the low levels ones are treated like shit because it is illegal and the johns and pimps know they can get away with it.

Make it legal and you get rid of the ugly part of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryTheDeuce View Post
                        Maybe the low levels ones are treated like shit because it is illegal and the johns and pimps know they can get away with it.

Make it legal and you get rid of the ugly part of it.
                        Strongly disagree. There are layers of issues. Making it legal is not going to stop perps from preying on vulnerable women. An ability to stop the perp is about the only leverage that exists to get women out of this before they are harmed. I have a lot of stories I could tell. Been a therapist working with homeless individuals and families for 20+ years. Again, imho it's different for those coming from a place of stability who want to prostitute.

Comment

• "Making it legal is not going to stop perps from preying on vulnerable women."
                          --------------------------------A "perp"(etrator) being a person willing to pay to have sex with a woman?

"I might agree for the higher level business,.........."
                          ------------------------I definitely agree but our puritanical society thinks they should regulate their beliefs. If a woman, or a man, wants to get paid money to screw someone that's their choice.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                            I really didn't understand why Drummond didn't play at all during the 4th. I know he was missing his FT's but he was providing a lot. I'd like to see he and Monroe in the game at the same time more than just at the start of each half.
                            My suspicion is that SVG is thinking long term and wants to hammer it home to Drummond that he needs to be able to hit free throws if he wants to take a big step forward.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• SVG said that it was obvious they were going to foul Drummond and if he wasn't hitting free throws they weren't going to be able to come back.

Comment

• Hack-A-Drummond!
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X