No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really sucks for that guy, he has to go into his UFA contract coming off an achilles.
    The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• In Gundy I trust.

He really took what he had and got rid of the garbage and made the talent left play above their levels. He is screwed with no #1 this year and a shorter bench than he would have had if he was here two years previously.

This guy is going to find talent and bring another Championship so his boss can sell the team. After all, I think he bought it for less than 500M and l recently saw the average NBA Franchise is worth 1.2B

Ooooops. Money, money, money. Blah, blah, blah.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Hassan friggen Whiteside today -- 24 minutes, 14 Pts, 13 Rebs, 12 BS. This guy has been a great story the past few weeks. Btw, the 12 blocks is a Heat record.

Comment

• Think I read this week that the Pistons are valued ~ 800 million. So yeah, Gores and his team bought at the right time, just prior to the new tv deal.

I've been bummed all day. Hadn't been excited about Pistons basketball in several years. Well at least we had a nice month. This team has two young, talented bigs. No matter what happens going forward, I hope Stan's focus is to do whatever it takes to convince Monroe to come back. How much of a difference will it make between getting the 10-12th pick or the 15th? I say try to find a penetrating pg who can dish and try to keep this thing rolling. The positive team culture is more important than the draft pick, imho.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            Yay, dat 10th-14th spot in the draft will certainly help the Pistons.
            Being a team stuck in the middle is pointless.

They either need to really tank, which probably won't happen... OR go for the 7th / 8th seed.
            Finishing 9th or 10th in the East gets you no where... especially considering that one of your best players (Monroe) might be gone next season.
            I think they just became one of the worst teams in the league. I'm not promoting anything as you seem to be suggesting when you say the "10th-14th spot" won't help them.

I don't think they need to "tank". It will just be how it is. Maybe I'm wrong. Hope so.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Not going to be any tanking while Gundy is in charge.

However, players might get rested.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Lost by 4 in Toronto. Played tough. DJ had 35 and 8 assists, but Meeks struggled from the floor. I still feel pretty deflated. Probably should cheer for the Pats on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                  Truly amazing is it was not one week after this post and he goes down with a season ending injury.
                  Yeah.. epic jinxing.. I swear I knocked on wood as a typed it.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I haven't been able to come to this thread since Jennings went down. Its been a pleasure to follow this team after we flushed J Smith. Never in a million years would I have thought Jennings could have played as good as he was playing.

This sucks
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If the Pistons are still serious about making the playoffs, they need to upgrade from Dinwiddie. He's too green at this point to have a positive impact, in my opinion. I see a solid (but not great) guy like Jordan Farmar out there for free and there are probably some other PG's that could be had for cheap.

Looking at the schedule for the next couple of weeks, I see a loss this Wednesday vs. the Cavs and a probable loss to Houston in Josh Smith's return. However, there are also games against Philly, Indiana, Charlotte, Minnesota and Denver. If they find a better back-up PG, there's no reason they can't win all 5.

Farmar (or somebody of that level) now!

Comment

• they're looking at Prigioni

Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I don't even know who that is
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            I don't even know who that is
                            That's because he is 93 years old and only been in the NBA a couple years. But I do trust Stan.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              I haven't been able to come to this thread since Jennings went down. Its been a pleasure to follow this team after we flushed J Smith. Never in a million years would I have thought Jennings could have played as good as he was playing.

This sucks
                              I feel the same way. Last eve I watched "Bad Boys" on netflix to pull be out of my funk. Also watched Vinnie's 007 on youtube.

I wish some of those bad boys were more a part of the Pistons org today. While I loved watching Chauncey, Ben et al, they pale in comparison to the bad boys for me. Zeke and Bill and family had to go through so many growing pains to reach the pinnacle. The documentary does a great job of taking you through it with them.

For me with the current crop the key is keeping both Monroe and AD in the fold. Few teams have the luxury of having 2 talented bigs. You find the other pieces to put around them. But you need to keep the bigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                                Yay, dat 10th-14th spot in the draft will certainly help the Pistons.
                                Being a team stuck in the middle is pointless.

They either need to really tank, which probably won't happen... OR go for the 7th / 8th seed.
                                Finishing 9th or 10th in the East gets you no where... especially considering that one of your best players (Monroe) might be gone next season.
                                I say go for the 7th or 8th seed.

Resign Monroe. With he and Drummond you have a core to build around. Defense and low post play can win with the right pieces around it and I think Stan know what pieces he needs and how to get them. Winning is a culture. Tanking is not.

How is all that tanking working out for Philly? They are going to keep sucking and their high draft choices will eventually leave when they can because they are sick of losing.

Comment

Working...
                                X