Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HenryTheDeuce View Post
    I say go for the 7th or 8th seed.

Resign Monroe. With he and Drummond you have a core to build around. Defense and low post play can win with the right pieces around it and I think Stan know what pieces he needs and how to get them. Winning is a culture. Tanking is not.

How is all that tanking working out for Philly? They are going to keep sucking and their high draft choices will eventually leave when they can because they are sick of losing.
    It is a tenuous balance. You need to keep the young stars from going the way of 'I like getting paid more than winning', ala Carmelo. Jennings was headed that way before his resurgence this season, pre injury. Man, he hurt himself on a full court press attempt in a game the pistons were losing by 25. The kid was playing 100% all out every night. Damn. I am sad again.
    1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Drummond and Monroe were later lottery picks. Tanking just doesn't seem worth it unless you're looking for that number 1 or 2 pick during a top heavy year and that ship sailed already for Detroit.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Odds are not in Jennings' favor for a strong return. I didn't realize the tendon has to be shortened to reattach adequately.

Depressing statistics, but at least he is really young:

So now Det needs a SF and a PG. And that's if Monroe returns.

Comment

• I love how the crack staff at the free press doesn't even mention Jennings's own teammate Jonas Jerebko blew out his Achilles a few years ago and you wouldn't know it today by watching him play.

Great research there.

Comment

• I think the surgery and rehab is better these days, but an Achilles injury was the worst injury you could have. Dominique had no explosion after the injury, Zeke never came back from it. But both of those examples were of guys late in their career. Jennings is still young and it isn't like he makes his living above the rim.

Comment

• Zeke never attempted to come bck from it. He tore it in his final home game.

Nique was the same age as Zeke when he tore his, so it isn't like he was young he spry anyway.

Nique missed half a season, came back the next year and averaged just short of 30 points, the third best average of his entire career.
              Last edited by Kstat; January 27, 2015, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• No shit thats what I said

Comment

• Yeah. "No explosion" nique scored nearly 30 points per game following his injury.

Saying zeke never came back from it is disingenuous as shit given that he was retiring anyway and never even tried to.

Comment

• You're so paranoid that you can't even get along when someone agrees with you. They are all out to get you!

Comment

• Dude has issues.

Comment

• There are experimental surgeries now that allow for the regrowth of the pre-injury tissue if he goes that route. The problem with an achilles tear, beyond the psychological stuff, is that the scar tissue is brittle and doesn't allow for the spring that the original tendon tissue did. You have a much higher risk of re-injuring post surgery because A. The scar tissue is brittle, and B. The achilles itself becomes shorter after reattachment, making it like a stretched out rubber band.
                        1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• A big problem with Achilles injuries is that there is very little blood flow to the tendon to facilitate healing. For skill guys it is a hit and miss recovery, even with modern technology
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            A big problem with Achilles injuries is that there is very little blood flow to the tendon to facilitate healing. For skill guys it is a hit and miss recovery, even with modern technology

Right on, Salty!
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• It's a death blow for a PG whose only real skill is elite speed. He can't shoot, so his game will really be hampered and he will never be 100%.

Comment

• Look no further than Kalin Lucas. 20 years old when he tore his and never gained back the speed and athleticism.

He was dunking on fools his sophomore year and he was a shitty jump shooter from the injury on out.
                                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X