No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
      Could have used Simms yesterday!
      Whoever the Pistons played at the 5, whether it was Tyler Cook or Garza, was ABUSED defensively. The rim protection was awful. When OKC would switch, it left Cook/Garza on an island too. We knew that about Garza. Tyler Cook just shit the bed completely.

Slightly disappointed in Killian. His passing ability is still great. Didn’t do much when it comes to scoring.

Outside of that, didn’t learn much. Where is Balsa? Pistons need him at the 5!
      Maybe the King was right. Garza or Cook don't look like NBA players. Garza is just too slow and can't jump. Cook is an undersized nothing. He isn't even a JAG. That would be an insult to every JAG everywhere.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Tyler Cook was cut a few weeks ago. Doubt he is brought back unless he miraculously does a 180.

I'm surprised that Cade had 17 FG attempts. Would have guessed around 10 based on the game. A quiet 17 FG attempts.
        Hopefully it's just Cade getting use to the size, length, and speed of playing against fringe NBA players. Needs to be more efficient next game.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          Tyler Cook was cut a few weeks ago. Doubt he is brought back unless he miraculously does a 180.

I'm surprised that Cade had 17 FG attempts. Would have guessed around 10 based on the game. A quiet 17 FG attempts.
          Hopefully it's just Cade getting use to the size, length, and speed of playing against fringe NBA players. Needs to be more efficient next game.
          It's hard to be efficient when your throwing guys easy hoops and the bum can't even grab or hold on to it. At times they weren't even ready for passes that would have also been dunks.

He stated pressing a little trying to get the team back in the game. I felt he rushed his shots once the OKC started turning it on. He'll learn. A rushed shot is a bad shot.

I came out of that game feeling good about Cade and feeling bad that he has so many bums around him.
          Last edited by Futureshock; August 9, 2021, 08:25 AM.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• It’s the first game of the summer league. Let’s see how things play out before we write people off.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
              It’s the first game of the summer league. Let’s see how things play out before we write people off.
              You can't change who you are. Chances are they just fade in the background. Garza (like Tabor with the Lions) just doesn't have functional speed. He is a rah rah guy and he runs as hard as his legs can lift the cement that are in his shoes, but he will get absolutely killed on pick n rolls. Sry, but true.

Comment

• I think Cade prefers his picker to roll. He seems a bit out of place when they fade. Or stop. Mainly because he just ends up double teamed with no one to throw it to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                  Dang that was a nice play!
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He is a much better defender then Green. CLE didn't even try him. HOU put Green on a guy that would just stand at the 3 line. After about 2.5 quarters, Green was just trying to pad his stats with rebounds on the D end because he didn't have to guard anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                      I think Cade prefers his picker to roll. He seems a bit out of place when they fade. Or stop. Mainly because he just ends up double teamed with no one to throw it to.
                      Man. One mistake with a vowel and I'm in a lot of trouble.

Comment

• There is a difference between a draft pick like Garza and a draft pick like Tabor. It iis extremely unlikely for a CB with no speed to survive. Guys with slow foot speed in the NBA can survive but they really need to have great shooting and passing to make up for the defensive challenges. Slow foot speed is why Joker was picked in the second round.

I don't think Garza is going to amount to much, if he had foot speed combined with his skill, he wouldn't be available at the end of the second round. Also, the summer league is fun to watch but guys with a ton of athletic ability stand out, conversely if you don't have it, it stands out. It doesn't mean that it will translate to the league where it is a more structured setup.

Comment

• Remember when Drummond was in the Summer League with his ridiculous athletic ability? It appeared as though the Pistons had secured a jackpot with the 8th pick.

Comment

• True. But who knew he would be less mature now then he was then.

Plus. The landscape of busts in the top 10 makes the pick still a good one for what they got. I know the point you're making but looking at some of the pre-Weaver 1st round picks are really depressing.

Cade needs Centers that can finish and defend the paint. We have 1 right now. The other guy I am hoping can do some of that stuff and be able to make it down the court before the 24 second clock runs out.

Comment

• Cade needs Centers that can stretch the court and CLEAR the paint to make his driving ability as dangerous as his thee point range.

Comment

• Hayes is trash. That dude sucks and is not an NBA level player. The worst thing we can do is take the ball out of Cade's hands for the likes of Killian friggin Hayes. Cade needs a shooter in the backcourt next to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X