Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The King View Post
    It would be a salary dump where we take on his deal and land a bunch of picks.
    Exactly this if anything.

Makes some sense if Troy Weaver doesn’t like or can’t sign any of the big free agents.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The problem the Lakers have is they have no picks to package to ship Westbrook off. Their next 1st round pick is in 2027. They were shopping around that pick with Horton-Tucker and Reaves to try and find someone like Jerami Grant.

The Lakers best bet is to hire some coach that can coax something out of Westbrook. He was really good with the Wizards is 2021, so it's possible. The Lakers really want Doc Rivers, but that wouldn't work with Westbrook.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

In the NBA you need the right talent. IMO there is a reason no one develops in Philly around Embiid. There is a reason Embiid has never done anything except put up stats. Reminds me of Dwight Howard. Allen Iverson. Some guys make the team better, some guys make themselves look good. Embiid will be in the MVP conversation, and he will be a quick exit in the playoffs.

Not quite the same as Stafford. No matter who Stafford was on the field with, he made them better. CJ, Tate, Golladay, Jones, all the way down to Fauria. Stafford got the best out of everyone. He took nobodies and got them on ESPN. ANd some guys in the NBA are like that. Lebron for instance. Ben Wallace in Detroit. Chris Paul.Giannis. And I believe Cade.
        Embiid made Simmons, Seth Curry and Tobias Harris better. Seth Curry was bouncing around the NBA in a suitcase.

If Embiid was so bad at helping develop players, a lot of the high round draft picks would have went somewhere else and thrived. They didn't, they flopped. You need talent, you can keep on talking in theoretical but you fail to name these great players that Embiid played with. He had one season of Jimmy Butler and that team lost on a miracle shot at the buzzer in Game 7 against a better team. He had some good Ben Simmons years until he flaked out and he had a washed up James Harden this year.

You keep on talking about AI and Dwight Howard. Both those players got teams to the finals with shitty teams. Philly is a bad organization, this cannot be stressed enough. I wasn't a big fan of AI, but those teams he was on were junk.

Comment

• Embiid is a total stud. Doc allows him to settle for too many threes, but he’s a generational talent at C.

Comment

• Embiid is a team guy, too. He only calls out losers like Simmons and Harden at the final presser. He says what everyone else already knows. He keeps his mouth shut throughout the season.

Comment

• Seth Curry is a really good player. He’s in the JJ Reddick mold. He’s a solid pro.

Comment

• Part of the problem with Embiid for settling for too many threes is he altered his game to account for Simmons. You had to let Ben sit in the dunker spot on offense. Embiid averaged 4 assists per game this year, that's pretty good. They need to surround him with 3 and D guys with an effective point guard.

They need to do it quick, because he's not durable. He has probably got 4 more prime years.

Comment

• I don't think the call outs in the pressers does him any favors after losing a series even if he's right. They are going to sign Harden to a gigantic contract and Embiid have to make it work. That contract is going to be an albatross on his career.

Comment

• F the 6ers

Yeah I said it. Everybody was thinking it, right?

Don't look at me like that. Pfffft. Like at church, during pastor's sermon. I yelled, "F*() Satan!" Then everybody gave me that ugly look. I just said what everyone else was thinking.
                    Last edited by Futureshock; May 25, 2022, 07:50 AM.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Yes, fuck the satan 76ers!!
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Harden can be fine if they transition him to PG and let him be a spot shooter and sometimes driver. Sort of like Lowry on offense. He still has physicality. The problem is these “superstar” types hardly ever change their games.

Harden at PG and Maxey as the attacker works, but that’s most likely a pipe dream.

Comment

• Jordan Poole sure as shit went to the right team. He's crushing it

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The draft is coming up, i hope we swap Grant for Portlands pick
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                              The draft is coming up, i hope we swap Grant for Portlands pick
                              I really think he needs to be dealt (for the right deal of course) either before or during the draft...it is too risky trying to hold onto players up to the trade deadline nowadays, and I dont even think it gives him more value....Even better would be trade him to Sacramento for the 4th, but that is an even longer shot than the Portland trade....There have been a couple of other teams mentioned that pick 13-15 where the Pistons would get the pick and a vet player (likely a cash dump)...Troy Weaver may just wait for the draft and see who is available when the Portland pick is on the board before pulling the trigger., and who knows maybe they don't want to do that deal to begin with

Comment

• Poole is doing well, he is laughably bad on defense but he does some great Steph imitations on those long bombs. I expect his minutes to decrease the rest of this series because Young Glove is back.

Young Glove is a guy I'd like to see the Pistons go after.

Comment

Working...
                                X