No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie Jackson has a unique skill set. in addition to being 6'3" with long arms, he's got the tweener shots in the lane down to a science. He's good at scoring when the big man plays too far off to cover the lob.

Comment

• FYI, Andre is now the 2nd player ever (since 1974) to record back-to-back seasons of 400+ offensive rebounds. Rodman did it 3 total times, but never consecutively.

To put that in perspective:

2014 Offensive Rebound Leaders

1. Andre Drummond- 440
      2. DeAndre Jordan- 331
      3. Robin Lopez- 326
      4. Joakim Noah- 282
      5. Tristan Thompson- 269

...and now with 6 games left to play in 2015...

2015 Offensive Rebound Leaders

1. Andre Drummond- 406
      2. DeAndre Jordan- 364
      3. Tyson Chandler- 274
      4. Tristan Thompson- 262
      5. Enes Kanter- 244

No other player since the turn of the century has cracked 400. Andre's done it twice.
      Last edited by Kstat; April 4, 2015, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• He's fun to watch. Agree re keeping Reggie. Maybe SVG will find a taker for Jennings in the offseason and maybe when Monroe leaves he'll throw them a bone in a sign and trade.

This draft is huge (understatement of the year). Whoever they take must become an above average starter.

Comment

• I like Reggie but if Reggie wants near max I'm not sure he's worth that. The team was easily at it's best with a healthy Jennings and Monroe. That was a top 4 seed in the east team with tons of room to grow. Reggie still has lots to prove to me.

That said, I'd love to keep Reggie and hope they do, but I just hope it's not for outlandish money. If Jennings comes back 100% and plays like he did, he's better then Reggie has shown easily. Maybe Reggie gets there with more time, but maybe not.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Basically it's a tough call...
            Does Reggie continue to develop in the system and how much?
            Does Jennings come back at 100%?

I'd love it if the Pistons placed both bets without dropping a fortune on Reggie, but that's probably not possible. Maybe both players are compatible and a long Reggie could play SG for 10 minutes a night, but memories of Richard Hamilton and Ben Gordon still haunt me.
            Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; April 4, 2015, 09:14 AM.
            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
              Basically it's a tough call...
              Does Reggie continue to develop in the system and how much?
              Does Jennings come back at 100%?

I love it if the Pistons placed both bets without dropping a fortune on Reggie, but that's probably not possible.
              I can't tell ya about #1, but I can tell you considering #2 that with Jennings skill set and the injury he took... he might be "100%", but he's NOT going to be the same. He's going to lose too much of his explosiveness that is not going to come back.

Unless he somehow has a miracle surgery that somehow defies normal healing and scar tissue, at least.

Comment

• I'd argue that Jennings isn't really an explosive player as weird as that might sound. And he's probably one of the lighter players in the NBA... I'm not sold that he won't come back 100% or near 100%, but you might be right too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                  FYI, Andre is now the 2nd player ever (since 1974) to record back-to-back seasons of 400+ offensive rebounds. Rodman did it 3 total times, but never consecutively.

To put that in perspective:

2014 Offensive Rebound Leaders

1. Andre Drummond- 440
                  2. DeAndre Jordan- 331
                  3. Robin Lopez- 326
                  4. Joakim Noah- 282
                  5. Tristan Thompson- 269

...and now with 6 games left to play in 2015...

2015 Offensive Rebound Leaders

1. Andre Drummond- 406
                  2. DeAndre Jordan- 364
                  3. Tyson Chandler- 274
                  4. Tristan Thompson- 262
                  5. Enes Kanter- 244

No other player since the turn of the century has cracked 400. Andre's done it twice.
                  All this tells me is that the Piston miss a shit tom of shots
                  The only logical explanation is:
                  I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• So does every team. The Pistons aren't setting records for it.

Andre also leads the NBA in percentage of shots that he grabs offensive rebounds on.
                    Last edited by Kstat; April 4, 2015, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• how can the Pistons land Winslow? Dude is going to be a stud at the next level.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                        how can the Pistons land Winslow? Dude is going to be a stud at the next level.
                        Winning 4 out of 5 games a week ago didn't help.
                        Not likely to happen from the mock drafts I see, but possible... a lot changes.

How their chances can increase?
                        Pistons are picking 8th right now. They are one game better than Denver. If the Pistons can lose most of their remaining games and allow Denver to pass them into the 8th slot, that can help the Pistons obviously (picking 7th).

Towns, Okafor, and Russell are going to be off the board.
                        So three or four players have to come off the board before the Pistons pick at 7 or 8.

The lottery can change a lot too because the Pistons could be picking in the top 3 (not likely) or picking 9th.

and dammit, the Pistons just beat the Heat.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Blind luck. That's all a lottery is. They could win the rest of their games and pick 1st or lose them all and pick 10th. You can talk about odds but without good luck the odds mean nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                            Anybody watching Better Call Saul? If so did anybody catch the Pistons reference in the last episode?
                            Yeah, I think I tweeted "The Pistons were 3-1 vs. the MJ Bulls in the playoffs" in response.

Comment

• Sorry, I haven't checked in here in a while so there's a lot of catch-up in this post:

I'm hoping somehow the Pistons can have a miracle summer, getting Winslow and Paul Millsap. Right now, Winslow is near-impossible. He's playing like a guy that will go 4 or 5 in the draft and the Pistons can't land that pick. I also don't know why Millsap would leave Atlanta but maybe they'll get bounced early in the playoffs and the Pistons will pay over what the Hawks offer. He'd be a perfect fit next to Andre, is only 30 so he should have 3-4 very good years left in him and has legit PF-size, which Green will never have.

So, yeah, a miracle.

I'm fine with letting Monroe walk, unless he promises to shoot 500 jumpers a day and see a sports psychologist to cure his fear of the 15-footer. His D did improve a little bit but he's just a bad offensive fit with Reggie and 'dre out there and Moose being VERY reluctant to take his game outside of 5 feet.

Greg's supposed to be coming back this week but his injury never seemed that serious. We'll see.

I'm also fine with this current stretch of mostly good basketball. I think they really only cost themselves 1, maybe 2 draft slots, while proving that they have a good, young PG (Reggie is averaging 20.7 & 9.9 while shooting .487 over his last 10 games), which could attract some FA. Unless they win or lose out, they seem to be locked into the 8-hole in draft odds. I'll be happy to see them get their 33-35 wins and have something to build on.

SVG seems to be building something. His FA-signings were not so great. Anthony was a very good pick-up, Butler is probably more valuable in the locker-room than he has been on the court and I still think Meeks will improve. DJ got dealt and Martin is awful.

Almost all of his trades seem to be working well. Tolliver was a nothing for something steal of a trade. Reggie is starting to look like a steal too. Even Tay is playing a lot better than he was the first two weeks after that deal. His D on Wade in the final minute last night was vintage.

As for drafting, Dinwiddie is okay. If he ever learns to shoot, he'd be a solid back-up.

JL III was a good pick-up. He's kind of like Bynum but less of a Me First guy, from what I can tell. Shawne Williams was not so great but a worthy gamble and I'd like to see more of Quincy Miller down the stretch.

Regardless of what happens with Moose, they should be able to draft a player that will help. If the Pistons are healthy next year and don't make the playoffs, I'd be shocked.

Comment

• Frank the tank might be playing himself out of the Pistons reach too. We'll see. Sam Dekker looks like a pretty solid backup draft option. Kid can play. Chandler Parsons like potential offensively with better defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X