No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think there are 5 prospects very likely to go before Det -- Okafur, Towns, Winslow, Mudiay and Russel. Other bugs that might go early include Cauley-Stein and Porzingis. Lyles could also be in that mix. If Det gets lucky with the lottery I think they take Winslow. If they pick 8-9, I think they'll choose between Kaminsky, Herzonia and S Johnson.

Comment

• Cauley-Stein being selected before the Pistons pick is one of the better draft things that can happen to Detroit.
      He is the last "top 10" player the Pistons need.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        Cauley-Stein being selected before the Pistons pick is one of the better draft things that can happen to Detroit.
        He is the last "top 10" player the Pistons need.
        Which means he'll be the one available. And the Pistons will draft him claiming that he and Drummond will be the perfect "Twin Towers" redux like in San Antonio.

Comment

• I want Frank the Tank.

Comment

• Justise and Frank would be my first tier if I were making the pick. Lean toward Justise if they think they are signing Monroe... Frank if not. Maybe that Euro SF with that good shot and Sam Dekker would be my fall back options.
            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Hezonja is an interesting prospect. 6'8" and can shoot from downtown.

Comment

• Hezonja is an interesting prospect. 6'8" and can shoot from downtown.

Comment

• Yeah that's the Euro SF. Great athlete with unlimited range. I think there are plenty of viable choices for the Pistons to pick at 8 or 9 or where ever they land.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                    Frank the tank might be playing himself out of the Pistons reach too. We'll see. Sam Dekker looks like a pretty solid backup draft option. Kid can play. Chandler Parsons like potential offensively with better defense.
                    I don't think Kaminski is more than a good depth guy but if the Pistons got really unlucky in the lottery and slid back to 10 or 11, then I could be okay with them taking him there. He needs to bulk up to bang in the league, though. He's 235 pounds but his chest is still concave. I'd still rather have Johnson or Oubre at that spot.

However, I don't want to think negatively. This is the year that the Pistons get lucky in the lotto and land in the top 3!

Comment

• I mean he just got defended by two future NBA mainstay centers and still won out and did a pretty good job on defense himself. We'll see how he does against somebody Okefor's size tonight but I suspect his shooting will solve that matchup issue on offense (defense is another matter...)

He's probably not quite the rebounder he should be at his size, but really how good does he need to be with rebounding on a team with Andre Drummond.

Comment

• Kaminski has changed my mind a lot in this tournament, offensively he should be good. He can shot threes, drive and work in the post. He has to improve his handles or he will be a turnover machine out deep. Defensively he is going to have trouble. He needs to live in the weight room. The thing to like about him is his continuous improvement. That is not a small thing to consider, he has made himself into a fabulous college player. The question is he topped out or can he improve more?

Comment

• IMO the floor for Kaminski would be Channing Frye without the 3 or 4 years he took to develop his shot. The best case scenario would be the middle point between Brad Miller and Pao Gasol. He'd be a really solid pick IMO and an obvious nice pairing with Andre.

He played 37 minutes vs Kentucky and never slowed down a beat. He's no stiff.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind a Kaminsky- Drummond combination.
                            At least Frank the Tank has range.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Plus every time he hit a big three we could all do the Frank the Tank robo boxer move (anti-aircraft gun move?).

Last edited by nhwbrooklyn; April 6, 2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Monroe to Knicks rumor

Comment

Working...
                                X