No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, he's not going to meet the Derrick Rose rule.

Comment

• Western Conference has some elite teams (Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, OKC and now Houston?) Can't forget Memphis, who won 55 games after getting off to a slow start last season... and the emerging Anthony Davis led Pelicans.
      What a conference.
      Sources: Rockets acquire Ty Lawson
      The Houston Rockets, without surrendering anyone in their playoff rotation, have struck a deal to acquire troubled Denver Nuggets guard Ty Lawson, according to league sources.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U9oIzNLwQqs"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U9oIzNLwQqs[/ame]

Not sure what the "Drew" league is but SJ and Dre look amazing
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          Western Conference has some elite teams (Warriors, Spurs, Clippers, OKC and now Houston?) Can't forget Memphis, who won 55 games after getting off to a slow start last season... and the emerging Anthony Davis led Pelicans.
          What a conference.
          Sources: Rockets acquire Ty Lawson
          http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...denver-nuggets
          I think Anthony Davis' career could be shaping up to be what KG's was like when he was with the T-Wolves. Lots of decent teams but the Pels probably won't go too far for quite a while, if ever.

Comment

• The T-Wolves were a couple injuries away from the NBA finals at one point.

Comment

• I haven't had the chance to watch Davis that much while he has been in NO, but people (ESPN, some online articles) are saying he could develop into the best player in the NBA in the next couple of years.
              LeBron has a couple great seasons in him, but at some point he will decline (and not be the best player anymore).
              LeBron might already be past his peak if you go by his best statistically season (2012/2013, when he was 28 ).
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If I am starting a franchise right now with the focus on the long haul, I'd choose AD #1. He averaged 24 points, 10 boards, 2 assists, 1.5 steals and 3 blocks last year. Has developed a mid range game and an ability to face up and drive the lane. Plus he is a phenomenal defensive player.

It would not surprise me at all if he develops a strong game from 3.

Any oh yeah, he is 21 years old.
                Last edited by fontes91; July 23, 2015, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• We should try and trade Jennings and a protected first rounder for him.

That should do it, right?
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                    The T-Wolves were a couple injuries away from the NBA finals at one point.
                    Exactly. That happened in KG's 9th year in the league. The Pels don't look like they are going to the WCF any time soon, which was my point.

Comment

• Anthony Davis is so ridiculously talented. He's got a chance to be on the all time NBA best 1st string team.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• As long as he holds up physically. He's missed a lot of games in his career already. At least the league is shifting to smaller guys, so that helps him. He has a lot of trouble with bruisers, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                          Anthony Davis is so ridiculously talented. He's got a chance to be on the all time NBA best 1st string team.
                          Really who does he even compare to?.....The sky is really the limit for this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                            Really who does he even compare to?.....The sky is really the limit for this guy.
                            Closest thing I can think of is maybe Kareem Abdul-jabbar, they're close in production, but nobody really plays like Kareem did. Then again, nobody really looks that close to what Anthony Davis looks like out there either. Kareem was more skilled (than almost anyone ever), but Davis is probably more athletic than Kareem was.

If he can stay healthy, he'll be a legend.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I first starting watching the NBA circa 1972 and Kareem was my favorite player over Bing and Lanier. In NBA history, if my team has time for one shot with the championship on the line, I go Kareem and his sky hook. I choose him over 23. As unstoppable a shot as there has ever been. Loved Clyde Frazier too. That was a great era.

Comment

• Davis is a combination of KG and Hakeem with less post game (than Hakeem).
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X