No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah the Cavs fell apart after the nut shot.

Comment

• Yep. The East was kibble. The Cavs are actually still dog shit.

This is gonna be a sweep, and I'm not even sure any of these games are even gonna be close.

Comment

• Oh god.

Comment

• Everyone needs to overreact huh? It's hilarious. Watch Cleveland win both at home.

Comment

• Yeah. SURE they are. Unless you mean "win" as in a moral victory where they don't lose by double digits, maybe.

It's not like Golden State particularly shot the lights out. They were hitting their shots at pretty much their average rate. No one on that team went out of their minds and played above themselves.

Cleveland just doesn't have the goods to compete. They're outclassed.

Comment

• I couldn't have been more wrong, I thought it would be a good series, Cleveland has gotten worse after last year's finals. Irving has been awful. Lebron sucked in the second half. Love is probably out for the next couple games.

Comment

• The thing is that everyone was talking about how Love and Kyrie are back and watch out for the Cavs. However, the guys that replaced them last year are much much better defenders. Sure Love and Kyrie are going to score but they have to because if they don't they are going to give up a lot on the other end.
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Last year my friend said the series was close because the losses of Irving and Love forced the Cavs to slow it down and play all-out defense. LeBron was able to get his and keep the series close. He said if they had Love and Irving, they probably would have tried to push the pace a bit and it would have been their undoing. This year, the Cavs coach has said he wants to play more up tempo and they're getting killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                    agree ... basketball is so different know then it was 20 years ago they almost don't resemble the same game.

Watch tape of Isiah Thomas ... he made shots, that current NBA players would even try.
                    Originally posted by DanO View Post
                    That's why basketball SUCKS!!!
                    Yup. Use to love the game. Even more then football. Can't stand it now. If things continue going the way it currently is, football will resemble old school basketball. And basketball resembles a H-O-R-S-E CONTEST!

The NBA sold it's soul to Jordan and the fans who cried to watch "Stars" instead of "Teams".

Bunch of dress wearing prissies
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Too bad, you're missing out.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Too bad, you're missing out.
                        Yep. Missing out watching the best team in NBA history.

The game is a LOT better now. Those glorified one-on-one contests were dog shit.

Comment

• I mean the finals of the last 5 years have been good to excellent. If you like teamwork, the Spurs title was the epitome of teamwork. The Heat had their moments of great teamwork and their win against the Spurs was a great series. When the Mavericks won it was a case of great teamwork beating the stars of Miami. The Warriors have had great teamwork.

Comment

• The game is so different from when I followed it closely (Bad Boys era). I'm amazed at how the 3-pointer has become such a regular shot now. Back in the day it was only used a handful of times per game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                              The game is so different from when I followed it closely (Bad Boys era). I'm amazed at how the 3-pointer has become such a regular shot now. Back in the day it was only used a handful of times per game.
                              Because for the longest time it was considered a low-percentage shot that you only took if you were wide open.

Now, shooters have become so good with it, and teams like Golden State realized (thanks to metrics... sorry CGVT) that it was, in fact, a MUCH higher value shot to take even with a hand in your face. There's simply no reason to pass up the 3-ball for a 2-point shot with a 10% better chance of falling.

Thing is, the major suggestion to change it (moving the 3-point line further back) would only make Golden State MORE unbeatable. Because unless you're willing to push it back to damn near half-court, Curry and Thompson are going to hit it with regularity.
                              Last edited by chemiclord; June 7, 2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Metrics? hahahaha

Golden State realized that they have some guys that can shoot the three consistently, so they shoot threes. They would be shooting the same shots if there was no three point line.

Nobody sat down with a calculator and figured this shit out until it happened.

Players shoot threes because they are bigger, have more range, and grew up shooting threes.

It doesn't take a state geek to figure that out.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X