No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Free agent Kelly Olynyk, 30, is on the move again, agreeing to a three-year, $37 million deal with the Detroit Pistons on Monday, his agent told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Comment

• Feels like a “meh” signing.
        As a player, fine rotational 4 or 5 that hopefully comes off the bench and gives you ~20 minutes a game. That’s what Olynk did for the Heat when they made the Finals.
        The contract. Overpaid.
        Reminds me of when the Pistons signed Jon Leuer for 4 years, ~$40M. Not good.
        OR it’s just the Plumlee deal again, but you’re changing up the style of the player given the direction of the roster.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• He is better than Leuer ever was, that was a truly puzzling signing. Olynyk has at least accomplished stuff, he can be rotational player on a good playoff team.

Comment

• The Pistons just signed three guys from Canada……to play basketball.

Comment

• Amazingly, all 3 had prior basketball playing experience 🤣
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• 2 of them were even former lottery picks!

Comment

• Those other two might not even be JAGs.

Comment

• Joseph is fine for a backup PG. Olynyk is useful. Lyles is kinda useless

Comment

• If Joseph plays like he did for the Pistons last season, it's OK.

Comment

• This makes the Olynyk contract better:

Couple of 2 year deals to address depth across the board on the roster.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Considering the dollars being handed out tonight, it's an OK contract. Having tradeable contracts is neat as important as just having true cap soace. Tonight is a sign that the vaunted 2022 free agent class is going to be leaner. Some of those potential free agents came off the board tonight.

Comment

• The Pistons aren’t going to be major players in FA until we see what we’ve got with this young core especially Cade. Until then these a reasonable contracts not tying our hands for many years to come.

Thank goodness SVG isn’t here anymore
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              He is better than Leuer ever was, that was a truly puzzling signing. Olynyk has at least accomplished stuff, he can be rotational player on a good playoff team.
                              The bigs they have acquired this off season are shooters/scorers.

I go to Youtube and the first video is some schlub in Chicago talking about how terrible the guy is and he just made the video because he (Kelly) is now off the HOU team. That this signing was so bad that it set DET back years, blah, blah, blah... He went on to say he didn't know anything about the Detroit roster... WTF.

You guys know I couldn't resist letting him have it. I couldn't believe people actually listen to THAT guy and then I thought of the current state of the world
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

The bigs they have acquired this off season are shooters/scorers.

I go to Youtube and the first video is some schlub in Chicago talking about how terrible the guy is and he just made the video because he (Kelly) is now off the HOU team. That this signing was so bad that it set DET back years, blah, blah, blah... He went on to say he didn't know anything about the Detroit roster... WTF.

You guys know I couldn't resist letting him have it. I couldn't believe people actually listen to THAT guy and then I thought of the current state of the world
                                If the Chicago guy is a Bulls fan, you can remind him that just like the Dallas Cowboys, the Bulls haven't been seriously relevant since the 1990's.

"I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                                My friend Ken L

Comment

Working...
                                X