Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
    Not until you make a thread that tops the "When will you assholes just believe" one.

I almost did this last season.. then the white guy missed a block and Stafford broke his finger and that was all she wrote.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
      So... we have YEARS of Stafford greatness to look forward to, is what Jaadam is saying. ;-)
      This!!

and now Stafford has an OL that he's never had. No excuses going forward.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Like Trick said, washing elephant asses sucks.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          I almost did this last season.. then the white guy missed a block and Stafford broke his finger and that was all she wrote.
          Because you know Stafford beat teams with winning records before he dislocated his finger............oh, hum......never mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
            Because you know Stafford beat teams with winning records before he dislocated his finger............oh, hum......never mind.
            That ^^^ just broke my sarcasm meter! Sarcasm at its very best!
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

This!!

and now Stafford has an OL that he's never had. No excuses going forward.
              He had no excuses before. Great QBs make everyone else better, including the oline.

I'm guessing here that Marino, Farve and even Rivers (known for sure) didn't have great olines all the time, yet they routinely helped win games against winning teams.

That's the point. There is something seriously wrong with Staffords career long inability to do the same.
              19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                He had no excuses before. Great QBs make everyone else better, including the oline.
                No OL, no running game and receivers that lead the league in dropped passes and a broke finger on his throwing. Stafford had the deck stacked against him last year.

Next year is the year.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

I'm guessing here that Marino, Farve and even Rivers (known for sure) didn't have great olines all the time, yet they routinely helped win games against winning teams.

That's the point. There is something seriously wrong with Staffords career long inability to do the same.
                  I remember a fan holding a chokers sign behind Steve Yzerman at the end of another cup loss. How long did it take him and the Redwings to get that first cup in 1997? 14 years.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

No OL, no running game and receivers that lead the league in dropped passes and a broke finger on his throwing. Stafford had the deck stacked against him last year.

Next year is the year.
                    Again, Stafford hasn't just played one season. Neither did Marino and Rivers is still playing with a known crappy o line for years, yet, he still manages wins against winning teams year after year.

Stafford is not free from criticism.

Comment

• Stay out of my Red Wings thread you
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Stay out of my Red Wings thread you
                        Unless you privide some semblance of constructive criticism of Stafford, I don't think I can do that. ;-)

Comment

• I wish Stafford wouldn't have been so selfish as to have kids right now when we have SuperBowls to win. He doesn't need sleepless nights

Done deal.. Stay out of my thread Duck.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Rivers hasn't done shit but choke away big games.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Next year is the nextyear.
                              That's a record for excuses in one sentence. BTW, in the AFC championship game, NE had three dropped passes in the first three drives of the game - they scored 13 points on those drives. Why? Because a great QB makes plays.

"Next year is the year" is stamped on your birth certificate. But next year will be just like this past year, guaranteed.
                              Last edited by dwt1; May 20, 2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
                                That's a record for excuses in one sentence.
                                Record my ass.. I've done wayyyyy better when dealing with my wife. I must be in the Guinness Book of WR's! I need a tshirt.

You can choose to look at them as excuses but they're still fact and that won't change it.

He's had no OL.

No running game.

Receivers that let him down constantly

And he broke his finger on his throwing hand.

Comparing him to Tom Brady (Literally the greatest QB of all time) and his situation in NE (arguably the greatest team of all time) with one of the greatest coaches or all time is absurd. No one could compete with that.

Stafford won't ever be in the same breath as Brady so lets not confuse that but no one else will either. He is considered to be in the upper echelon of QBs in the NFL. He has talent in both his head and his arm he just needs help.

The "next year" mantra only works if the team does something else to help him succeed. There were baby steps last year and it showed with the come from behind wins which we hadn't ever seen before. Now Quinn has walked the walk in getting him a completely overhauled OL which should buy him more time to do his thing. He doesn't have great WRs or RBs so its up to him to make them all better.

Can he? I sure as hell hope so because he's all we got and have you seen the QBs that's come out of college the last several years? I haven't been impressed. (Prescott is one of the lone exceptions but you could probably stand behind that OL and hand the ball off to Zeke and be a baller)
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X