Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
    We are lucky to have him and we would be in a hell of a lot worse position without him.

That's a fact.

He's one of the better quarterbacks in the league, he is tough, he is gutsy and he is clutch.

29 is still relatively young for a QB as well.
    Yes we wouldn?t be mediocre without him, but somehow you believe Mediocre is the goal. Oh BtW, I have never called for his removal only pointing out a fact.

Comment

• CJ was beat down IMO. Too many big hits during his career took its toll. He was done and it showed in his play. Granted I’d still love to have him back but he’s moved on.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He might have wanted to walk in his 50's.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Seems legit
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

We are lucky to have him and we would be in a hell of a lot worse position without him.

That's a fact.

He's one of the better quarterbacks in the league, he is tough, he is gutsy and he is clutch.

This is a pretty good debut for a newbie, great post.

Comment

• Originally Posted by TheLondonLion

That's a fact.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              This is a pretty good debut for a newbie, great post.
              ....not if it has been proven he can never win a playoff game.;)
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Question I have given some thought - where would you rate Stafford in the league? Top 10? Top 8?

I would say that he has the potential to be top 5, maybe even top 3 when Rodgers and Brady retire.

At the moment I've got Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Newton, Rodgers, Ryan ahead of him as consistent NFL QB's and then Wentz and Goff this season, but time will tell there - especially coming back from injury (same applies to Watson). Cousins and Smith are there or thereabouts.
                Last edited by TheLondonLion; January 8, 2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Top 10 in my book. I think Wentz is the real deal but not sure about Goff
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Question I have given some thought - where would you rate Stafford in the league? Top 10? Top 8?

I would say that he has the potential to be top 5, maybe even top 3 when Rodgers and Brady retire.

At the moment I've got Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Newton, Rodgers, Ryan ahead of him as consistent NFL QB's and then Wentz and Goff this season, but time will tell there - especially coming back from injury (same applies to Watson). Cousins and Smith are there or thereabouts.
                    You have the unquestionable QB's
                    1. Tom Brady
                    2. Aaron Rodgers
                    3. Dre Brees

Those 3 are absolutely better than Stafford is and probably will ever be.

Then we get to the ones that are probably better in the sense that they have done what Stafford has not while showing skills on par with Stafford.

4. Matt Ryan, probably the only person in this teir I would rate as better than Stafford without any buts.
                    5. Russell Wilson.
                    6. Eli Manning
                    7. Cam Newton

That's about it. Stafford can be and probably is a better QB than some of those last 4. But for obvious reasons I can say that they are better QB's. Then Stafford.

When you start looking at Wentz, Goff, Keenum, Carr, or even Watson you need multiple years of demonstrating skills before giving them that high of a rating. Keep in mind that Stafford in his first full year threw for 5k yards and 40 TD's. Something only 3-4 of these QB's have accomplished. If we judged him after his first good season he would have been a Hof'er.

Maybe some people can find ways to include a QB or two higher than that but certainly the last 3 years have shown Stafford to be a Top 10 and in my eyes a Top 8 QB.
                    AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• I think Calvin had to leave for MS to mature into who he needs to be.

Calvin was always his "training wheels" so to speak. He had to learn to spread the ball around a little to get better.
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
                        You have the unquestionable QB's
                        1. Tom Brady
                        2. Aaron Rodgers
                        3. Dre Brees

Those 3 are absolutely better than Stafford is and probably will ever be.

Then we get to the ones that are probably better in the sense that they have done what Stafford has not while showing skills on par with Stafford.

4. Matt Ryan, probably the only person in this teir I would rate as better than Stafford without any buts.
                        5. Russell Wilson.
                        6. Eli Manning
                        7. Cam Newton

That's about it. Stafford can be and probably is a better QB than some of those last 4. But for obvious reasons I can say that they are better QB's. Then Stafford.

When you start looking at Wentz, Goff, Keenum, Carr, or even Watson you need multiple years of demonstrating skills before giving them that high of a rating. Keep in mind that Stafford in his first full year threw for 5k yards and 40 TD's. Something only 3-4 of these QB's have accomplished. If we judged him after his first good season he would have been a Hof'er.

Maybe some people can find ways to include a QB or two higher than that but certainly the last 3 years have shown Stafford to be a Top 10 and in my eyes a Top 8 QB.
                        When you look at the aggregate stats - Stafford was 13th and 15th in YPA and YPC that year. In other words, those yards were solely born out of 700 dropbacks.

The 41 TD's, that was impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                          When you look at the aggregate stats - Stafford was 13th and 15th in YPA and YPC that year. In other words, those yards were solely born out of 700 dropbacks.

The 41 TD's, that was impressive.
                          He was also like 23 years old at the time. A QB that young under the pressure of 700 drop backs, rising to the occasion. Getting 5k is not something to sneeze at even if it's on throwing a record number of passes. It's crazier when you realize that due to injury it was his only full season under center.

But again the proof is in the pudding. Some people including myself thought that we were seeing the next Manning or Marino in Stafford after that season. It's not like it was fools gold. But Stafford still had growing up to do and that season was more of sign of potential, than a sign of things to come. Honestly that success early from Stafford may even have stunted his development a bit.
                          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• I'm ready for 2018!
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I hope this will be the last coach hired with Stafford.

He will either lead Mathew to accountability or cut bait with him and move on.

Get at least a average running game and stout Defense to see if he can get some consistency from him to see if he can beat better teams multiple times in a stretch.

Against bad and average teams he's in top 7 probably, against good teams he's about 18-24.

Comment

• Nah, there will be at least one more.

His limitations have nothing to do with defense, or running game. The dude doesn't read defenses well, doesn't know where the pressure is coming from and fails to see the open receiver when under pressure nor see the open vacated spot when a blitz happens. That's what keeps him from being more than mediocre.

Comment

Working...
                                X