Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
      It may not be popular here, but I think they need to take a real shot at A. Barr. He's extremely versatile and would be an even bigger star in MP's defense. He would be one our better coverage LBs AND he would be better then any one we have at rushing the passer and run fits. It makes all the sense in the world. So it will probably not happen.

While I'm ruffling feathers, they need to take a swing at Tate in FA too. The match is good for both and they could extend the contract out a little to be team friendly. At the rate he's being exposed in Philly, his value should be coming down too.
      100% agree. If that worked out, I think that would be great.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

While I'm ruffling feathers, they need to take a swing at Tate in FA too. The match is good for both and they could extend the contract out a little to be team friendly. At the rate he's being exposed in Philly, his value should be coming down too.
        I concur, they should bring him back if they can. He was a fit here.
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post

I concur, they should bring him back if they can. He was a fit here.
          They need a primary receiver - Tate and Galladay are that guy.

Comment

• Golladay can be a primary receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I think I'm alone on Stafford Island but if they could trade him for a 1st rounder and a couple mid-round picks I would probably be up for it. I don't see enough talent presently.
              It's obvious that Stafford isn't going to be Erin Rogers, Brady etc. We've all known that for some time. He's got talent but something in his game is flawed. He can be a successful QB but we need to create the perfect environment for him a la Chicago Bears. I don't think Trubisky is any good but he'll damned sure have a nice career there as long as they have a running game and that kind of defense.

Quinn got him his RB and running game with Kerryon Johnson and Frank Ragnow. Now they need to do what we've all been begging for. Draft DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!! I'd throw a mid round RB in there somewhere and a developmental QB but those first 3 picks need to be difference makers on D.

You're not alone on Stafford Island unless there's a can't miss QB sitting there at #5 and it looks like a legit franchise QB this year. I'd draft defense the next 2 years and build it to our coaches strength.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If they can sign Tate to a reasonable 2-3 year deal then sure but that dude wants 10+ mil.

That just doesn't make sense.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• As good as Rodgers is, he has choked a lot in the playoffs, he hasn't sealed the deal this year in part because he has a crap team around him. No great QB has gotten to the Super Bowl without really great skill position players.

I understand wanting defense, defense, defense but it would be a mistake to not address the offense, the Lion defense has been pretty good in the second half of the season. You can't have an offense this putrid, it doesn't matter how good your defense is if the offensive production is this putrid. The Bills have the #2 defense in total defense and they have the same record as the Lions. I don't care how you address it, if anything this season should have shown everyone how far away the offense actually was. There is no time when a football team can just address one side of the ball, no time. You cannot go into next season with a subpar receiving group that they have now.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    If they can sign Tate to a reasonable 2-3 year deal then sure but that dude wants 10+ mil.

His production was worth how many TJ Jones? For 10 mil you could have one Tate or 5 TJ Jones. Which is better?

Or we could have 1 Tate versus 5 Blounts. Which would you rather have?
                    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

It's obvious that Stafford isn't going to be Erin Rogers, Brady etc. We've all known that for some time. He's got talent but something in his game is flawed. He can be a successful QB but we need to create the perfect environment for him a la Chicago Bears. I don't think Trubisky is any good but he'll damned sure have a nice career there as long as they have a running game and that kind of defense.

Quinn got him his RB and running game with Kerryon Johnson and Frank Ragnow. Now they need to do what we've all been begging for. Draft DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!! I'd throw a mid round RB in there somewhere and a developmental QB but those first 3 picks need to be difference makers on D.

You're not alone on Stafford Island unless there's a can't miss QB sitting there at #5 and it looks like a legit franchise QB this year. I'd draft defense the next 2 years and build it to our coaches strength.
                      MS is a QB you have to scheme for.

What I mean by that is, if you look at when he (and a lot of NFL QBs) are working with a new offense, it is schemed that someone will be open. Later, defenses figure a way to defend those plays.

That's why when Cooter was new (OC) MS had a lot of open WRs to throw to. Now? Not so much.

The current problem, main problem IMHO, is that this offense has been read and re-read where the D knows exactly where to be and how to put pressure on the QB. That's no small thing. That's actually not a QB thing. That's a Cooter thing. He just can't continue to come up with more plays, unless he's trying to copy something someone is already doing. Which has also been learned by DCs to defend.

And then MS doesn't know/have the right audibles to audible someone open. It just has no possibility of JBC and MS being successful together. No matter if you put OBJ, T. Hill and A. Brown out there.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      If they can sign Tate to a reasonable 2-3 year deal then sure but that dude wants 10+ mil.

You aren't getting anyone better then Ellington for less then $10 million. That's 2/3rds of what the top guys in the league are getting.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      As good as Rodgers is, he has choked a lot in the playoffs, he hasn't sealed the deal this year in part because he has a crap team around him. No great QB has gotten to the Super Bowl without really great skill position players.

I understand wanting defense, defense, defense but it would be a mistake to not address the offense, the Lion defense has been pretty good in the second half of the season. You can't have an offense this putrid, it doesn't matter how good your defense is if the offensive production is this putrid. The Bills have the #2 defense in total defense and they have the same record as the Lions. I don't care how you address it, if anything this season should have shown everyone how far away the offense actually was. There is no time when a football team can just address one side of the ball, no time. You cannot go into next season with a subpar receiving group that they have now.
                      It would be more cap friendly to plug that WR hole in the draft versus FA. That's for sure. But, aren't you treading water at that point?
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

You aren't getting anyone better then Ellington for less then $10 million.
                        lol.. I agree the high profile guys are making bank but that's a little over the top regarding Ellington and 10 mil. If it were the case then they can mine for a WR in the middle rounds of the draft or wait for cap cuts / FA deals in late July and August. I'm not saying anything is easy in the NFL but besides special teams, WR's should be one of the easier positions to fill.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Golladay can be a primary receiver.

Comment

Tooth fairy still visits you?

Comment

As good as Rodgers is, he has choked a lot in the playoffs, he hasn't sealed the deal this year in part because he has a crap team around him. No great QB has gotten to the Super Bowl without really great skill position players.

Tom Brady disagrees with that statement.

Comment

That's a Cooter thing. He just can't continue to come up with more plays, unless he's trying to copy something someone is already doing. Which has also been learned by DCs to defend.
                                If that's the case then Quinn needs to take the hit for that one and Patricia as well for allowing him to be retained for another year. It's like how Caldwell was retained when everyone knew that he wasn't the long term answer and someone like Patricia would come along later. Just about every defensive draft pick of Quinn's first 2 years was selected for a different scheme and now they're playing out of place. It was a waste of time keeping Caldwell and Scooter.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X