Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    As good as Rodgers is, he has choked a lot in the playoffs, he hasn't sealed the deal this year in part because he has a crap team around him. No great QB has gotten to the Super Bowl without really great skill position players.

I understand wanting defense, defense, defense but it would be a mistake to not address the offense, the Lion defense has been pretty good in the second half of the season. You can't have an offense this putrid, it doesn't matter how good your defense is if the offensive production is this putrid. The Bills have the #2 defense in total defense and they have the same record as the Lions. I don't care how you address it, if anything this season should have shown everyone how far away the offense actually was. There is no time when a football team can just address one side of the ball, no time. You cannot go into next season with a subpar receiving group that they have now.
    Froot, food for thought.
    GB is 34-22 all-time in the playoffs.
    How many of those wins came when their defense wasn't ranked in the top half of the league? 0.

Fix the defense, you fix GB.

Comment

• It would be fun to see Martha and the gold dust girls do something like: trade Statford to the Raiders for a 6th rounder in the 2049 draft. Honestly. The drama would be great. The chatter would be great. The arguments would be great.

Watching a crap team week after week, not great. I can't think of a team as boring to follow as this year's lions. A couple of fun players is about it.
      Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Froot, food for thought.
        GB is 34-22 all-time in the playoffs.
        How many of those wins came when their defense wasn't ranked in the top half of the league? 0.

Fix the defense, you fix GB.
        Hello, you might want to check your facts a just a little bit better - in 2016 they won two playoff games with he 22nd ranked defense in yards given up and 26th in points. In 2011, Green Bay went 15-1 with eh 32nd rated defense, losing in the playoff to the Giants who sported the 27th ranked defense - Giants went on to win the Super Bowl Also in 2003, Green Bay won a playoff game with the 17th ranked defense and again in 95 they made it all the way to the NFC championship game with the 25th rated defense.

Comment

• I thought DWT would be delighted that Stafford intends to stay in Detroit for the rest of his career.

We shoukd be shot of him around 2029.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
              I thought DWT would be delighted that Stafford intends to stay in Detroit for the rest of his career.

We shoukd be shot of him around 2029.
              Why wouldn't Stafford want to stay in Detroit? They have made him enormously wealthy bent over backward to make him comfortable and lay no blame on him when failure strikes?
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Is that really you Mark?.

You must be listening to Valenti too much, he's getting to you. Remember Stafford is good enough to win he just needs support and the Lions still have about 10 year window to get it done.

Comment

• Comment

• Then it would have to be high in the draft. Because the best FA the Lions would be able to pull in without the promise of a starting job would be someone like Nathan Peterman.

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by dwt1; December 29, 2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Then it would have to be high in the draft. Because the best FA the Lions would be able to pull in without the promise of a starting job would be someone like Nathan Peterman.
                          Bringing in Kap would bring a lot of attention to the QB play here and would put some fire under Staffords feet. Stafford would be critisized for everything he does with "Kap would have made that throw" "Kap would have won that game" "Kap wouldn't throw that int" "Kap would win with no receivers or a defense".

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

Bringing in Kap would bring a lot of attention to the QB play here and would put some fire under Staffords feet. Stafford would be critisized for everything he does with "Kap would have made that throw" "Kap would have won that game" "Kap wouldn't throw that int" "Kap would win with no receivers or a defense".
                            All bringing in Kap would do is add a 4th ring to the Lions 3 ring circus.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by kreton View Post

Until of course he steps on the field and demonstrates to all that he truly was never a good QB to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X